• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    They enter/exit early in the morning at about dusk. If you can figure out where they're coming and going from (hole), you can ambush them with "toys." (They are usually too smart for traps, I've tried it with fruit bait and they ignored it). Just be sure as stated above you account for any potential little ones. If they exist and are big enough, she will be taking them with her on her nighttime jaunts.

I used to think coons were cute, but I have personally been through this, twice. The only good coon is a dead coon. If you miss any of the female(s) and allow them to live...they will be back. They will find a place where a shingle is loose, etc. and start prying and eventually tear their way in through the boards. Very destructive animals when momma is trying to find a place to stash the babies where the male coons won't get them.

Last edited:

GA82832

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    I set a trail cam up in the attic where it's coming in/out to get a time stamp and see how many there are. The trap isn't working, so I ate the doughnuts LOL.... just kidding

tmschuller

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Grant county
    Thats against state law.

OK Mr Obvious.. first time caller long time shooter... :):

I shot 5 in one week at home.. mom the babies.. dad, its cousin.. I laugh when I see them dead on the road. (after I run over them to make sure). Why? After dealing with coons in the barn and what they tear up = WHY. Sorry for the issue, just call out to the guys with night vision and give them the jelly doughnuts have fun. Good luck getting it. The sooner the better.

jzwhts

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    Mooresville
    I had a sneaky one around the back porch and dog food can once. It was pretty smart with the live trap. Left the empty tuna can in the yard even. I coated the back side of the trigger on the trap with peanut butter. I didn't let him have any jelly to go with it. That did the trick. Took care of him once the dog woke us up.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    RedMurph
    Top Bottom