I hate to bother people with this but...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tru3Flight91

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2010
    West Point, New York
    I have read through a couple of threads on this incredible site and am still left with what I feel is a pretty big issue.

My question pertains to the purchase of a handgun, in Indiana, by an individual under the age of 21.

From what I've gathered I have concluded that private sales are in fact authorized but sales from FFL's are not. What I'm asking is if every gun shop/dealer in Indiana has/is required to have an FFL?

And if they are where else could one go to purchase a handgun. Are private sales made at most gun shows?

Thank you for any help and/or reply. I am grateful that there is a community of people out there are ready and willing to discuss and tackle such issues. Thank you.:)

Integraholic

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    At home
    All gun shops need an FFL. Private party do not. You can find people selling guns online as well. After you become a member here with 50 QUALITY posts, you can start using our classifieds section. You can use Hoosier Topics anytime you like, but you'll get a lot more honest people here.

Shoots4Fun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    74   0   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    Good first post...

:welcome: to :ingo:.

Yes, many private sales happen at gun shows and on forums such as this one in the classified sections.

There are already some threads about this topic previously. The search engine isn't the best (:poop:) but read through and you'll find good stuff.

Here's one that describes the laws in Indiana...

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...e_flier_of_indiana_s_gun_laws_summarized.html

It references the fact that you must be over 18 to buy a handgun in a private sale.

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 19, 2009
    Central Indiana
    Private sales are typically conducted through individuals who know each other personally, classified ads, or at gun shows. There are only very limited circumstances where an FFL could sell something privately. If you're operating a business that sells guns in anyway, you better have an FFL and in the state of Indiana, a license to retail handguns.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    ...where else could one go to purchase a handgun. Are private sales made at most gun shows?

Some private sales at gun shows but many with tables there will be FFL dealers as well.
    Internet classifieds within your state.
    Local newspaper classifieds.
    Bulletin boards at workplace, local gun shops or ranges.

Stick around and read the rules here as INGO has a very active classified section.

:welcome:

Tru3Flight91

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2010
    West Point, New York
    Thank you all for your replies. With the FFL issue I figured as much, just didn't think it would hurt to ask anyway. Secondly, thanks for pointing out the Classifieds on the site, didn't know they had existed (was to busy reading threads in the concealed carry section).

Once again, thank you all.

Top Bottom