• ...and so much more!
  • shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    My wife texted me a picture today

IMG_5693.png
    This is lumin, she’s at the local animal shelter, we lost one of our dogs last fall, and she’d been talking about getting another.

So her friend sent her a pic of lumin with her story, she was adopted and the shelter had her spayed and told the adopters to pick her up from the vet…they didn’t pick her up…so the vet contacted the shelter, and they listed her on their fb page, and that’s how my wife found out about her.

I went today to meet lumin, and she’s the sweetest baby girl ever!, I called my wife (who was at work) she brought Ava (our other dog) and the meet and greet went good, lumin was good around the robot cat at the shelter…I looked at my wife and we both smiled and said we’ll take her home!

They said you can!…on the 31st…because technically the owners can claim her, and technically shes on a stray hold, the shelter has tried to contact the owners and they’re not returning the calls or Facebook messages (an employee of the shelter has them as a friend of the animal control facebook page)…she sent them a message this afternoon asking them to come in and sign the surrender form so we can taker her sooner.

They said I can come visit her anytime I want till Saturday when I can take her home.

We’re going to give her the best life she can have, love, treats, toys, hugs and kisses!

I can’t believe someone would just leave her at the vet after adopting this beautiful baby girl!…I hate people!

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    Dogs are the best, people, not so much. We adopted two sibling puppies from a shelter in Brownstown a few years ago, one of the greatest compliments I’ve ever gotten, was from our longtime vet when we took the pups for their first checkup, as we were leaving, he said “these pups are lucky they found y’all, they’ll have a great home”.

Quiet Observer

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    St. John

View attachment 375361
    This is lumin, she’s at the local animal shelter, we lost one of our dogs last fall, and she’d been talking about getting another.

So her friend sent her a pic of lumin with her story, she was adopted and the shelter had her spayed and told the adopters to pick her up from the vet…they didn’t pick her up…so the vet contacted the shelter, and they listed her on their fb page, and that’s how my wife found out about her.

I went today to meet lumin, and she’s the sweetest baby girl ever!, I called my wife (who was at work) she brought Ava (our other dog) and the meet and greet went good, lumin was good around the robot cat at the shelter…I looked at my wife and we both smiled and said we’ll take her home!

They said you can!…on the 31st…because technically the owners can claim her, and technically shes on a stray hold, the shelter has tried to contact the owners and they’re not returning the calls or Facebook messages (an employee of the shelter has them as a friend of the animal control facebook page)…she sent them a message this afternoon asking them to come in and sign the surrender form so we can taker her sooner.

They said I can come visit her anytime I want till Saturday when I can take her home.

We’re going to give her the best life she can have, love, treats, toys, hugs and kisses!

I can’t believe someone would just leave her at the vet after adopting this beautiful baby girl!…I hate people!
    Maybe there was an emergency in the family, and they may not have had time to notify the shelter. Not everyone checks Facebook daily. Maybe, it is a case of buyer's remorse. As you know, caring for a large dog can be expensive. They could be crude, but I do not see where they have done evil. What will your opinion of the be if they show up and accept the dog?

If you and the dog are a good match, a few days are nothing compared several years of companionship.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Maybe there was an emergency in the family, and they may not have had time to notify the shelter. Not everyone checks Facebook daily. Maybe, it is a case of buyer's remorse. As you know, caring for a large dog can be expensive. They could be crude, but I do not see where they have done evil. What will your opinion of the be if they show up and accept the dog?

If you and the dog are a good match, a few days are nothing compared several years of companionship.
    She was supposed to be picked up from the vet last Monday, she’s not a large dog, she’s actually kinda on the smaller side of medium, as for evil, no it’s not like they kicked her…but they got her hopes up, then abandoned her in a vet clinic, she went back to the place she was escaping from!

If they show up to pick her up, I’d be worried what they’d do next time…how long before they drive out in the country and open the door and leave her!…what would it take for them to leave her again?

If lumin comes to our house, it’ll be her home forever!…under no circumstances would she ever be left at a vet clinic!

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99%
    95   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington

View attachment 375361

Read my sig line...

blain

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 27, 2016
    Evansville
    One month ago we stumbled onto Marcie.
    Marcie.jpg
    We lost our Jackson after 16 1/2 years. And didn't plan on getting a new dog for a month or two after burying him. But it took three weeks of us looking at shelter sites and getting on each others nerves before we made a Saturday morning trip. We hadn't picked Marcie, just looking over the dozens of dogs wanting a home. Marcie (4 months old at the time), was laying in her crate, chilling as most of the other dogs were going bananas. Her coloration and temperament is what attracted us to her. Like lumin, she's so sweet. She's a pup and has pup energy. But we can see she'll smooth out to be a great dog as she matures. She's succeeded in becoming a little Queen of the House. Marcie is our forth dog, since we got married. We've never owned a blockhead before, but we'll see how it goes.

We still miss our Jackson, but it helps to have some Paws around the house.
    Jackson.jpg

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    When I adopted my beagle mutt a few years back I was told I would be her fourth home. She had been back to the Humane Society twice in just a few months. The owners before me checked her into Pet Suites under the guide of it being a normal boarding situation and they never came back for her.

I had to sign all kinds of paperwork saying I would not bring her back to the shelter and that I was acknowledging that she is a "difficult dog."

She is. Frankly, this dog has tested my patience in a way I didn't think was possible. Most of the time she is a sweetheart. But about 10% of the time she is a barking, destructive, annoying terror. I've spent thousands of dollars on obedience training, toys, treats, dog park memberships, vet care etc. She's only slightly better. That said, I knew what I was signing up for, so she isn't going anywhere.

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Jeffersonville
    I hope Lumin brightens your life.........(see what I did there?)

We had to put down our sweet Lilly a few years ago, she had lumps and lesions, and was 15 years old,. It was very hard, and while I'd love to have another doggie soul around, it was too hard to say goodbye, so we're pet less

IN New Guy

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 13, 2017
    Terre Haute
    I hope Lumin brightens your life.........(see what I did there?)

We had to put down our sweet Lilly a few years ago, she had lumps and lesions, and was 15 years old,. It was very hard, and while I'd love to have another doggie soul around, it was too hard to say goodbye, so we're pet less
    We're the way. Our Scottie Beau crossed the bridge 4 years ago. I still miss him; the house is empty without him. The wife and I are also pet less. It was hard saying goodby.

Top Bottom