• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bravo-4-2

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2014
    Indianapolis
    Frankly, most errors from online vendors are a result of the buyer screwing up the order. I buy nearly everything gun related online and I can't remember ever having a problem. But....it's not for everyone.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    I'll admit, it's my screw up. I should have paid closer attention. I just prefer dealing face to face.

wizardfitz

Expert
    Rating - 95.8%
    23   1   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    franklin,in
    I support my lgs almost 100% ofthe time. Unfortunately for the last year and unknown for the future he could get me a cz97bd. Got 1 from buds last week. Didnt read the fine print. Tbey wait 5 days after the check clears to ship.

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy

aaron580

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Nov 27, 2012
    Morgan County
    I order all but a SMALL bit of things (like powder, primers, and bullets) online these days…never had a problem that has not worked out to my advantage...

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    I wanted the aats1022, I ordered the aats1022, the invoice reads aats1022m...

I shouldn't have a huge problem returning (Amazon?), but I'm really horrible at actually shipping items...

I'll admit, it's my screw up. I should have paid closer attention. I just prefer dealing face to face.

How is it your screw up?

What does your online confirmation receipt read? I know you have one of those since it was an Amazon order.

Call / email whomever it is you need to and they'll make it right. If it came from Amazon proper and not a third party retailer THROUGH Amazon - you'll probably end up with your correct order AND get to keep the incorrect one. (Seems to me I've read things like that before??)

Lefty64

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 17, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Being left handed, I do almost all my shopping on online because I can't find a LGS that has anything I want or need. Just make sure they have a good return policy.

snowwalker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2009
    In the sticks
    All but 5 of my firearms have been private sales and my ammo is cheaper online (it's a big deal on fixed income), but like everything else sometimes there is a glitch whether online or face to face. I use both.

larcklorn

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Its one of those hard things about online purchases - you really have to trust the place you are buying from and know that they will take care of you when something goes wrong.

Cowboy71

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 26, 2013
    Clark County, IN
    I buy online like there's no tomorrow and when there's a mistake 99% of the time it's on my end. If you're buying from Amazon their return policy couldn't be anymore user friendly. Recently I got in a hurry and ordered an AK pistol grip when I meant to order an AR. Just a few clicks through Amazon's return process and UPS was at my door the next day to pick up the item I needed to return and the one I needed was already on the way. Hard to beat that.

Hardscrable

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    S.E. of Southwest
    Two recent experiences with totally opposite results. Ordered mags from large, well known manufacturer. They did not work for me. Tried calling numerous times - always goes to voice mail. Left message each time with no replies. Tried emailing several times - no replies. Tried sending a fax - no response. Sent a letter via USPS - nothing. Their website states how they strive to promptly exchange, replace, or return/refund orders that do not meet your satisfaction...doesn't explain how to make that happen. Have considered having my lawyer try but figured it would cost as much or more than the cost ( $193 ) of the order plus by now they probably would argue too much time has elapsed. Still considering on principle alone. The opposite experience happened with in last 3 weeks. I ordered 6 mags & some other stuff recently from Wilson Combat during their 4th of July sale. I was home when the order arrived. I immediately opened and found that I was short 1 mag. I called, reached customer service (an actual breathing human being), explained, was told another mag would be shipped, got my info, asked if they could do anything else for me, thanked me for my business, and told to have a nice day- all in under 5 minutes. A few days later the mag arrived... 10 days total from day of first ordered. I sent them a letter praising their service and pledged future business to them

Top Bottom