• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • absrio

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 15, 2008
    Howard County
    It never fails if there is gusting wind and I have to drive some where I always seem to drive into the wind to and from. Doesn't make sense but some how thats what happens.

Today with 5 degree weather and wind 25-31mph it has cooled my crawl space to the point of I believe freezing my kitchen sink line. Funny thing is that is the only lines i believe froze and all other water works in the house.

Now when my ground in Illinois gets to wind turbines it can blow all it wants there. I also need to find a reliable and affordable personal wind turbine. That way high wind speed will not make me so mad.

Ok my rant is finished...

TomN

'tis but a flesh wound!
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    Elkhart
    It's not that bad. In fact I'd call it brisk and refreshing!

In 7 months or so you're all going to be bitching about how hot it is, and how Algore was right about global warming and how you wish it were colder. So remember this time. Savor it, for too soon it will be gone forever!

Gungho1989

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    could be worse guys, you could be one of the thousands without power on the southeast side like me!!!

Wireless internet card and laptop with a good battery, but it's getting damn cold in the house!

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    It's not that bad. In fact I'd call it brisk and refreshing!

In 7 months or so you're all going to be bitching about how hot it is, and how Algore was right about global warming and how you wish it were colder. So remember this time. Savor it, for too soon it will be gone forever!

I actually start bitching about the heat in mid-March. :rolleyes:

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    could be worse guys, you could be one of the thousands without power on the southeast side like me!!!

Wireless internet card and laptop with a good battery, but it's getting damn cold in the house!

Jeez, how are you even staying alive? Do you have a couple of fireplaces?

If you don't have any already, you need to get a couple of those thingamajiggers that go on top of a propane tank that can heat up a pretty good sized room really well and last for a decent amount of time.

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    Jeez, how are you even staying alive? Do you have a couple of fireplaces?

If you don't have any already, you need to get a couple of those thingamajiggers that go on top of a propane tank that can heat up a pretty good sized room really well and last for a decent amount of time.

It wasn't quite that bad. We finally went to Walmart and bought a kerosene heater and got it running around midnight. It got to about 62 or so in the house and stayed there once the heater got going. Power came back on at 2:30am. We just snuggled the kids on the sofas with a few blankets and we snuggled in our bed with a few blankets.
    I read there are a few hundred homes still possibly without power this morning, I would hate to be them!

Top Bottom