• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kc9bpo

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 5, 2012
    Wife bought me my first revolver this weekend. :): Ruger SP101 in 357. Haven't shot it yet, but looking forward to.
    Thanks for the suggestion GunSlinger.
    20121027_160455.jpg

kc9bpo

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 5, 2012
    minuteman, that's actually the stuff i picked up when i bought it. looking forward to some range time with it.

Mech45

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    NWI
    Congrats on the new gun! I had one a while back, out of the box they are a handful with full magnum loads IMO. I sent mine out to Weigand for his action job and had it ported, with that and a set of hogue grips it made for an excellent carry gun. Enjoy!

Chris

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    Nothing like a nice stainless six gun in .357. My favorite. Especially the Ruger offerings. I missed a nice stainless Blackhawk .357 this past weekend at the Crown Point show. Guy wanted to get rid of it and before I could say anything a dealer gave him three hundred for it. Darn it! Beautiful guns. Have fun!

DFM914

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Nov 7, 2010
    Avon
    What a great wife! Wow, i would keel over if my wife bought me an SP101!!
    Great gun, your gonna love it. :yesway:

other dave

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Howard County
    Nothing like a nice stainless six gun in .357. My favorite. Especially the Ruger offerings. I missed a nice stainless Blackhawk .357 this past weekend at the Crown Point show. Guy wanted to get rid of it and before I could say anything a dealer gave him three hundred for it. Darn it! Beautiful guns. Have fun!
    Are you still wankin' about that Blackhawk? This is the 2nd thread you've posted this in.:horse:

deviljunkie

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    Grandview
    Awesome. How is the trigger on those?

heavy out of the box. mine hurt my finger. first thing to invest in is a wolf spring kit for a sp 101. if the op wants to use this as a defensive gun then i wouldnt go any lower than a 12# spring on the hammer. second thing is the front sight. i painted the ramp on mine orange before replacing it with an xs big dot sight, which i like. third is a nice trigger job. for this gun it is easy enough. this link can show you how. Ruger SP-101

after that its practice practice practice:rockwoot:

cj7jeep81

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 9, 2011
    will your wife talk to mine? i asked mine for that exact gun for x-mas, but don't think its going to happen.

Tarkington

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 26, 2012

Five gun. :D

I love mine. I actually find full magnum loads to be manageable out of this little gem. The weight really helps, although for anyone looking for a lightweight carry solution... this may become bothersome. Of course, Ruger does have revolvers of the polymer variety. :D For the SP-101, I must recommend the Hogue monogrip. It really brings some ergonomics especially helpful for double-action work. I also personally called Ruger to ask if one could dry-fire the SP-101 (even a mid-90's model such as mine) without damaging it... He assured me that I was no danger of damaging it.

Solid gun. I have spoken to multiple people who sold theirs and wished they hadn't.

:twocents:

Top Bottom