• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    First off, I'm glad to hear you are going to be OK. Please continue to take good care of yourself.

It's impossible to know what's in someone's head when they do stuff like this. My guess is he was using the same pathetic driving skills to hit you that he used to get himself in the ditch in the first place. He was so selfish he may not even realize how badly you were injured. Not to stereotype, but its a fact that his demographic often has issues like lack of proper insurance or legal status which would motivate a selfish bastage like him to flee the scene rather than act like a decent human being. The worst part is that its usually others that end up paying the price for their mistakes.

I'm not close enough to the area to be much help but you definitely have more eyes helping you now than you did. I look forward to an eventual update regarding the capture of this scum. Take care!

rdbs505

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 23, 2011
    Have you went to the police?

Yep, did file a police report that night right before they crammed the chest tube in..

you been hanging out on that same stretch of road around the same time (now that you're out of the hospital) maybe he was on his way to work and uses that route regularly? just a thought. glad to hear you're recovering.

Great thought, and yes I've considered doing this problem is there is really no where to "stake out" and I also do no not know when exactly he was on his way to wherever he was going when he went into the ditch.. I am going to hang out in that area though and see if I get lucky.

Have you looked in the mirror? His plate number may be on your face:):

Sorry, sick humor and innappropriate:rolleyes: Too much CSI TV.

Glad you are recovering. Do you think that he did it on purpose or for what ever reason backed into you and then took off when he saw what he did?

haha, I actually joked about this myself.

2nd? (but with gone)

Do you feel like he did it on purpose? Not that it matter since he left, I'm just wondering.

I'm really not sure.. after I pulled him out he had absolutely no reason to back up.. kinda why I was "ignorant" and turned my back to his car.. never thought he would have reversed there was really no reason for him to. He got out of the car and said, " no no i'm sorry " and I basically jumped in my truck and went straight to hospital.. didn't really know how long I had or how bad I was. He knew I was going to the hospital because there was luckily one about 2 miles away. He could have called the hospital or the police to do the right thing.

Again I appreciate all the kind words, means a lot! I will be keeping my eyes open for that car.. never know I might see him in traffic or something? I 've already found a car that I could maybe possibly be it, I'm going to turn the tag over to the police and hope they come up with something? Never know. Again thanks guys!

BIGDON

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    What a bad deal, I hope you have a complete recovery and don't let this
    guy change your good ways.

mainjet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    Lowell
    Broken ribs hurt like a Bi#ch don't they... I feel for ya.

Do you think he was drinking? I mean he was already in a ditch then you pull him out and he backs into you with no reason to even be backing up.

Well, no way to tell now.

VaGriller

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 15, 2010
    Avon
    If he was traveling on a rural road it probably means he was going to or from work. I'd stop by somebodies house and ask if they mind if you sit in their driveway..and watch.

Hope the recovery goes smooth for you.

Boost Lee

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Greenwood, IN
    Unbelievable. WOW... Just wow.

Glad you're alive and breathing, though.
    After he initially hit you, did he even get out and say anything to you or did you just walk straight to your truck?

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Wow! What an ordeal. Prayers that you continue to get well.

The only suggestion I could add, is that in addition to monitoring that route is that he may also live around that area too. His car may be in a driveway if he feels you might not come looking. If you saw him or the car again, could you ID either?

rdbs505

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 23, 2011
    Unbelievable. WOW... Just wow.

Glad you're alive and breathing, though.
    After he initially hit you, did he even get out and say anything to you or did you just walk straight to your truck?

Right after he hit me, he got out of the car because he realized he had hit my truck.. once he saw me on the ground trying to get up I think he realized I was the "buffer" (and a pretty good one too, because I couldn't find a single scratch on my truck) between his car and my truck. I said you hit me (gasping for air) and he was saying, "no no i'm sorry " or something like that and basically from the time he hit me to the time I was in my truck and on the way to the hospital was prob no more than 20 sec flat. I guess adrenaline helped me pick myself up and get going.. I knew shoulder was broke.

I appreciate your thoughts, along with all of the other thoughtful people reading/replying to this thread. I will always have my eye out for that car, hopefully someone else might see it too. Now the fun part begins with the insurance co. I filed a police report so, maybe my auto insurance will pickup what my health insurance doesn't.. not to familiar with this kinda stuff we shall see.. thanks again to all :ingo:

Top Bottom