I got a NICS denial that I can prove is false, but...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AA&E

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 4, 2014
    Southern Indiana
    With all due respect, the comment that you called a local lawyer and was told it would be $150 for a consult is a little off the mark. Do you expect free consultations from your doctor? Of course not, you have to pay for it with cash or insurance. So why shouldn't it be any difference with an attorney?

I've owned a business in southern Indiana for two decades involved in the security field. I often have to do extensive walk through surveys of facilities that take hours of my time, research options and submit a proposal/quote. I never get paid for these hours. Having someone tell you if they are capable of helping you and what it would cost is not an unreasonable expectation IMO. Only doctors and lawyers get away with that. Virtually every other profession you can get some level of basic information and an expectation of a resolution.

AmmoManAaron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 20, 2015
    I-get-around
    Having someone tell you if they are capable of helping you and what it would cost is not an unreasonable expectation IMO. Only doctors and lawyers get away with that. Virtually every other profession you can get some level of basic information and an expectation of a resolution.

^^^THIS^^^

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    ...Having someone tell you if they are capable of helping you and what it would cost is not an unreasonable expectation IMO. Only doctors and lawyers get away with that. Virtually every other profession you can get some level of basic information and an expectation of a resolution.

All we have to sell is our information and expertise. Some people do free consultations, but that's usually on contingency fee cases. $150 is more than reasonable and would not buy an hour of my time.

Drail

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Bloomington
    This is going to be the future of gun control. Make us apply to seek "permission". Reject our application, either mistakenly or intentionally. Offer us no recourse through the courts (although attorneys will gladly take your money and waste your time - it's a business after all - and the Govt. makes them buy a license to play the game also). Years ago I saw this while working for a gun shop and doing lots of gun shows in Illinois. Every Sat. morning the NICS system would crash for the duration of the weekend while the gun show was operating. And then incredibly Monday morning the system would "recover" and work until the next gun show. It outraged the dealers at the show because we couldn't get "approval" from the State to sell anyone a handgun, and it effectively "plugged" that old gun show loophole effectively in the eyes of those in control (you know - the Democrats). How are we supposed to fight this stuff? This is precisely why having the State require us to seek their "permission" is a crime against "we the people" ( you know - the ones who voted them into office?) Democracy will be the end of us all.......

Last edited:

Beowulf

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    Digging deeper into the comments on that Reddit thread, the guy claims to hold a security clearance for his job. So, there is the possibility, as mentioned above, that he is getting delayed and denied because an "investigation" is showing up on his record. If that is the case, something is severely broken in the NICS system.

Of course, who knows. The last transfer I did got a delayed (but only for a few minutes), and I have a whole passel of Class III stamps. I guess I am trust worthy enough to own machineguns and suppressors, but they have their doubts if I should be able to own a semiautomatic pistol. :):

Top Bottom