I give up looking for a shield! Bought a 9c today!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BravoMike

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    Avon
    As much as I want another Shield (still kick myself for letting the first one go), I'm leaning towards a 9c as well. It holds more rounds, comes with 3 backstraps, and you can find mags for it. The only con is that it's slightly thicker.

I honestly don't know if the backs straps are that big of a deal, IMHO. I'm sure after a little more time passs you will be able to find accessories for the Shield as it seems to be a very popular gun. Thickness does make a difference for concealsbility, but honestly if you have it covered, no one pays close enough attention to notice. Oh, and the 9c is also slightly heavier..... Hmmmmm..... Choices, choices! ;)

If I were choosing between the two as an EDC, I'd still go with the 9c. :yesway: but that's just my :twocents:.

Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 6, 2012
    NWI
    I honestly don't know if the backs straps are that big of a deal, IMHO. I'm sure after a little more time passs you will be able to find accessories for the Shield as it seems to be a very popular gun. Thickness does make a difference for concealsbility, but honestly if you have it covered, no one pays close enough attention to notice. Oh, and the 9c is also slightly heavier..... Hmmmmm..... Choices, choices! ;)

If I were choosing between the two as an EDC, I'd still go with the 9c. :yesway: but that's just my :twocents:.

After CC'ing a full size M&P9 all summer, either gun is a geat option. :D

EdC

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 12, 2008
    Speedway, IN
    I picked up a 9c a few weeks ago, and really like it. Bought it to replace a Walther PPS (wanted more capacity, and a different mag release).

I compared the Springfield XD 9 subcompact, the Glock 26, gen's 3 and 4 and M&P9c. The M&P9c won hands down for me! 400 trouble free rounds so far, out of the box.

Look into Theis Holsters-he does good work, and they cost significantly less than Crossbreeds. I got a horsehide IWB for the 9c, and like it fine.

Top Bottom