• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    Um, yeah, call the parents and explain the situation.

Tell them you learned some new information and would like you property returned.

You have nothing to lose and everything to gain for trying.

Ex-friend? Are you really worried about offending a convicted armed robber?
    Offending the parents? Their kid is a felon, he is the one that did the offending.

What happens if they are offended anyhow?
    Zip, zero, nada.
    You don't have a relationship with the ex friend or them so you are not out anyhow.

It was your family that provided you with the rifle, your heritage that was taken.
    Someone else willingly took that from you.

Yes, I would recommend you make an attempt to regain what is rightfully yours.
    +1

You have nothing at all to lose by attempting. Make it clear that you don't want to get anybody in trouble and that you just want your sentimental rifle back. If the parents really are religious folks they'll do the right thing, either tell you the truth that they don't have it, or return it to you. The only other option is that they lie to you about it, and they're no better than the son is; you aren't out a single thing other than your time no matter what the outcome is.

Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Way up North
    +1

You have nothing at all to lose by attempting. Make it clear that you don't want to get anybody in trouble and that you just want your sentimental rifle back. If the parents really are religious folks they'll do the right thing, either tell you the truth that they don't have it, or return it to you. The only other option is that they lie to you about it, and they're no better than the son is; you aren't out a single thing other than your time no matter what the outcome is.
    That is as long as you remain calm, if they tell you they don't have it then move on.
    Since I don't know the OP I didn't know what he might mean by go and get it back. I was referring to trouble as in if he went and tried to take it back strong arm style or something, or made a big protest of it outside someones house Etc.
    I didn't figure that he would, but without proof of ownership you have alot less ground to walk on. As mentioned, if his family are good church going folks they should want you (the rightful owner) to have it back.

Mike H

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Vincennes
    I would def. try to get the rifle back, with so much sentimental value and such. Call and ask, can't do no harm, all he can do is turn you down. And if he does..... well then you know he really hasn't reformed. Good luck with it and let us know what happens.

shootinghoosier

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2010
    Indy
    Have another friend invite him to go out shooting (just make sure that he is supposed to bring his gun) to a range. You be there waiting and join in on the target shooting, only to "realize" that's your gun. If he doesn't bring the gun to the range, it would still be an appropriate time to bring it up in conversation and see what he says.

snowman46919

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 27, 2010
    Marion
    Have another friend invite him to go out shooting (just make sure that he is supposed to bring his gun) to a range. You be there waiting and join in on the target shooting, only to "realize" that's your gun. If he doesn't bring the gun to the range, it would still be an appropriate time to bring it up in conversation and see what he says.

Convicted felons tend not to make friendly with guns.

Top Bottom