I fired the Army's new multi-caliber gun!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • zoglog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Sep 20, 2009
    Hendricks Co
    Being in the Army has its perks like playing with awesome new toys!

Today I got to play with a new gun, a caulking gun! Check out the trigger control!

IMAG0105.jpg

Like always I had to memorize my serial number, there are many like it, but this one is mine.

IMAG0109.jpg

The Army likes the collapsable stock that the M-4 has. So they kept it with this new model. As you fire it, the stock actually gets shorter to help keep overall balance.

The lanyard is a nice touch, I am not sure why we didn't use 550 cord though. When I climbed on the roof today at the Gym I almost dropped it. I would have had to do a ton of pushups had it not been for the lanyard!

IMAG0106.jpg

I did not like the trigger. It is very heavy, I had to use four fingers to manipulate it. And after doing all of the latrines in all 3 DEFACs, my hand was tired. Also, there is no trigger guard so you have to be VERY careful.

IMAG0107.jpg

The barrel is short. This allows us Engineers to get into tight spaces and easily complete the mission. There is no heat shield so again, caution is needed.

IMAG0110.jpg

Finally, the coolest part, multi-calibers can easily be loaded. I started out today using clear in the latrines. But as the mission changed I was able to switch out to black roofing tar. This is a breeze and probably the biggest selling point for these guns. Yes I know this picture only shows the clear.

IMAG0111.jpg

All in all it was a fun day. Camp Atterbury is much safer with me running around with this bad boy!

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    Now I'm jealous....
    I hear that after a few short hours of being covered with the stuff that baby puts out an enemy combatant will become completely immobilized and incapable of reacting effectively in a combat environment.
    Tell me.
    Were you shooting practice putty or the real full house combat loads??

:D

radar44

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2012
    noblesville
    As a home owner , I've had more '' training '' with those things than I ever , ever wanted!

Caulk and paint will make a job what it aint...:yesway:

P.S. What is the update on the fancy , hand painted , camo shotgun ?

Or am I thinking of something else

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I always clear my house room by room when I use one of those, thinking that's an MP5.
    Glad to see im not the only weirdo lol :D

zoglog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Sep 20, 2009
    Hendricks Co
    Now I'm jealous....
    I hear that after a few short hours of being covered with the stuff that baby puts out an enemy combatant will become completely immobilized and incapable of reacting effectively in a combat environment.
    Tell me.
    Were you shooting practice putty or the real full house combat loads??

:D

Oh they were full combat loads. The load out on this stuff is ridiculous, I have a whole truck to carry everything I need!

As a home owner , I've had more '' training '' with those things than I ever , ever wanted!

Caulk and paint will make a job what it aint...:yesway:

P.S. What is the update on the fancy , hand painted , camo shotgun ?

Or am I thinking of something else

It is mine good memory. As soon as I get my act together I will be getting another barrel so I will have two for it. As of right now I still haven't fired it. I have handled it a bunch and shown it off with no adverse affects. I have a rifle in mind for my next one. Just gotta find time...

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    Oh they were full combat loads. The load out on this stuff is ridiculous, I have a whole truck to carry everything I need!
    Cool......
    Keep us posted on your training regime.
    I'm curious to see if they will only be issued in combat zones to the best of the best Trainees who can qualify with that bad baby. :patriot:

Hotdoger

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Boone County, In.
    How is it "multi -caliber", since it will only utilizies 1 size disposable firing tube?

Dang government definations are sure confusing to us less educated civilians. :dunno:

Top Bottom