• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Brownsburg
    Hollywood can't do anything original any more. Everything is a sequel, a remake, or an old idea from a comic book. There is no risk taking anymore. The economy is partly to do with the lack of risk taking, but it is still no excuse. I don't spend much on movies anymore because of it.

I might see this one, just because I like Jeff Bridges. I hope they do something good with it.

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    Another way of looking at it would be would the Duke be flattered,...? They don't usually make remakes of bad movies....its not going to replace it anyway...an some of the younger people that watch the remake may want to watch the original for the first time an see what a great classic it was, an still is. What I don't like about alot of remakes are that they change so much an alot of times they just suck...

HUFFMANWG

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2010
    VA.
    True Grit

did not know about this. will have to watch to make a decisson. i find it hard to see someone out there that will measure up to the DUKE

Shadow

AKA: Uncle Shadow
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 28, 2009
    In the shadows
    Hmmm did ya notice John W. has the patch on his left eye and Jeff B. has it on is right eye? I also believe your never replace the Duke ,but i think the Dude will do it justice in Dukes Honor.

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    Never like John Wayne, sounded like he was drunk all of the time, terrible acting. Now, Charles Bronson, THERE was a western charector! ;)

I want a remake of Once Upon A Time in the West. That would rule! :D

mwmccormick

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 30, 2009
    Seymour
    I would trust the Coens, "Oh Brother" is a classic. I almost became a Dapper Dan man myself. I read somewhere that it isn't so much of a remake but a retelling if there is a difference. I have most of JW's westerns, they aren't all great movies. Except the John Ford directed ones, "The Searchers" is a stellar movie period, maybe Waynes best performance. I never cared for True Grit too much myself. Having said that I actually preferred Jimmy Stuart westerns a bit more. Winchester '73 rocks! Stuart was able to play a wider range of charachters. Anyway, that's just my opinion and you what they say about those.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom