Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    New Albany
    Smitty,
    Which MOS...
    Currently I am slotted as a 63B20H8...
    I have done everything from 11B, 16S, 13M, and 27M...

I do miss the Ol' Pig. Do not miss carrying it however, I weighed in at a buck 20 when I was humping it around. I do not care for the Mk 19 as much as some do. The .50 though, just something about being able to turn light armor to swiss cheese that is just a blast... :D

11B2P, 1984-2000 82d in 2/508 and 3/504.... yep the M-60 was a PIG! My 1st "job" was ammo bearer and that was (and probably still is) a SUCKY job!

smitty12b

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    11B2P, 1984-2000 82d in 2/508 and 3/504.... yep the M-60 was a PIG! My 1st "job" was ammo bearer and that was (and probably still is) a SUCKY job!

Did you get to carry the extra barrel or the tri-pod along with the extra ammo? good times..How in the hell do you jump with all that extra crap? you jumpers have enough gear as it is

mammynun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    New Albany
    Did you get to carry the extra barrel or the tri-pod along with the extra ammo? good times..How in the hell do you jump with all that extra crap? you jumpers have enough gear as it is

Thankfully, No. The assistant gunner carried the spare barrel, tripod, pintal, and T&E. For his trouble, he got to carry a beat-to-death 1911 instead of an M-16A1. How do I know? That was my 2nd job! :rolleyes:

BTW, the worst thing I ever had to jump with was an M-47 Dragon (M47 Dragon - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia) with friggin SNOW SHOES strapped to the side if it. I still hate Ft McCoy, WI.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    Thankfully, No. The assistant gunner carried the spare barrel, tripod, pintal, and T&E. For his trouble, he got to carry a beat-to-death 1911 instead of an M-16A1. How do I know? That was my 2nd job! :rolleyes:

BTW, the worst thing I ever had to jump with was an M-47 Dragon (M47 Dragon - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia) with friggin SNOW SHOES strapped to the side if it. I still hate Ft McCoy, WI.

Worst thing for me was a Stinger missle... THere was no way to get the wieght balanced at all...

dukeboy_318

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 22, 2010
    in la la land
    I too got to fire the MP5 on full auto a couple years ago, im been slowly putting money back to get one myself and maybe eventually i can get one before some idiot politician gets it into their head to ban FA sells

alfahornet

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 25, 2008
    There was a HKmp5 on HK pro yesterday with an aftermarket sear for 14k. If it wasnt the middle of winter it would of made me think about it a little closer.

14K wouw that was a hell of a deal. Darn don't have that kind of cash laying around :xmad:

Last edited:

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Here's the moment the NFA bug first bit me:
    shooter_brass.jpg

Shooting a friend's MP-5SD down in Looziana back in 2003. There were probably a dozen or so folks at that event, and we ran that gun as fast as we could load the mags. Even stopping to tear the gun down every 300-400 rounds for cleaning (SDs run dir-ty!), we still got it so hot the paint bubbled. :eek:

My wife loved it too, and ran the steel plate tables with authority:
    lori_mp5_plates.jpg

I've had trigger time on several other MP-5 variants since then, and they've all been an absolute joy to shoot. Most recently was Rotor Talker's hybrid gun (MP5 with "K" front grip and UMP style stock) at last year's INGO NFA Day event.
    shooter_mp5.jpg

harrissr

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    mp5

i shoot and mp5kpdw and a hk53 and an hk51 in both .308 and .22. if you like the mpy you should shoot the 51 in .22 with one of our 275 round drum conversions on it ! in the lst 2 years of r&d on the product i have put over 400,000 rounds of minimags thru it with only one part breakage at about 220,000. i have never had any other mg regardless of make or cost or caliber that has functioned as well as this one . if you want to see it run check out the video on our distributor at bazookabrothers.com or read about the developement at range report hkpro.com or let me know and come by bullseye range in kokomo on a thur afternoon and watch it eat. i am still using the same hammer, trigger, disconnect, sear, firing pin, etc that i started with ; only an extractor broke .

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    Wow, you found INGO. :welcome:

Been to the range lately? I haven't been able to shoot lately, but I keep getting called to fix it because people are shooting the snot out of it...

harrissr

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    mp5

we shot last thur and are planning on shooting this thur as well. i am waiting on a factory hk.22 kit for the mp5 and the hk33 to see if we want to begin making them or mags for them as so few are available and they don't make them anymore and when you find one they cost megabucks. we may just make a prototype for my mp5k and myhk53 for now and see about producing them at a later date. todd bailey is suppossed to be releasing a 53 style gun in .22 sometime this year that is suppossed to take a sear pack. a couple of other guys are working on a similar type hkclone in .22 as well. we were just at the mold place today getting final details on producing our drum adapter for the .22 uzi conversion . subgun ordnance will handle them for us.

harrissr

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    shooter 521.. thank you for asking. i took your advice and posted on the forum link you provided. i just found this site from an indiana guy on hkpro.com under the state section . i am co-owner of a and enterprises,llc. here in kokomo in. our products are distributed by our friend , bruce sumner at bazookabrothers.com in russiaville, 7654347709, who is a class 2 and manufactures his own pistol caliber ar's. we design and develope quality firearm products that are unique. all of our products are not only usa made but so far have all been indiana made. moonlight mold and machine here in kokomo does our cad work and manufacturing and molding. we currently have 3 products on the market ; american 180 drum adapters for the ar sewries with .22 conversions and the hk g3/91/51 series with .22 conversions. we also design and make 25 round magazines for the hk g3/91/51. our towers and mags are made of industrial lexan not just the polycarbonate 'plastic' that most are made from and stainless steel. all of our designs are patented . we are hoping to have our uzi drum adapter ready for the creek. it has alrerady been videoed and tested by joe at subgun ordance who makes the uzi .22 conversions.

my origional intent was not to get milage for our company but to let other shooters know that if they want to see or shoot something different let me know as i will bring the hk testmule to bullseye in kokomo and they can have a go at it ; just bring .22 minimag solids.

there is hardly a week goes by that we don't introduce a new shooter to f/a or to the hk series. i would invite you also to come upp and shoot with us . it again is usually on thur at bullseye shooting range on us31 here in kokomo; just let me know.

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    shooter 521.. thank you for asking. i took your advice and posted on the forum link you provided. i just found this site from an indiana guy on hkpro.com under the state section . i am co-owner of a and enterprises,llc. here in kokomo in. our products are distributed by our friend , bruce sumner at bazookabrothers.com in russiaville, 7654347709, who is a class 2 and manufactures his own pistol caliber ar's. we design and develope quality firearm products that are unique. all of our products are not only usa made but so far have all been indiana made. moonlight mold and machine here in kokomo does our cad work and manufacturing and molding. we currently have 3 products on the market ; american 180 drum adapters for the ar sewries with .22 conversions and the hk g3/91/51 series with .22 conversions. we also design and make 25 round magazines for the hk g3/91/51. our towers and mags are made of industrial lexan not just the polycarbonate 'plastic' that most are made from and stainless steel. all of our designs are patented . we are hoping to have our uzi drum adapter ready for the creek. it has alrerady been videoed and tested by joe at subgun ordance who makes the uzi .22 conversions.

my origional intent was not to get milage for our company but to let other shooters know that if they want to see or shoot something different let me know as i will bring the hk testmule to bullseye in kokomo and they can have a go at it ; just bring .22 minimag solids.

there is hardly a week goes by that we don't introduce a new shooter to f/a or to the hk series. i would invite you also to come upp and shoot with us . it again is usually on thur at bullseye shooting range on us31 here in kokomo; just let me know.

There are a lot of people on here that like to support American companies, you being an Indiana company is a nice bonus.

harrissr

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    when i can post on the' for sale' we will give the guys on the forum a discounted price on our products. we did that on hk pro and they got 1st opportunity on new products before they were offered to the public. your picture reminds me of taking my son out bustin bunnies when he was young and now the grandkids.

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    when i can post on the' for sale' we will give the guys on the forum a discounted price on our products. we did that on hk pro and they got 1st opportunity on new products before they were offered to the public. your picture reminds me of taking my son out bustin bunnies when he was young and now the grandkids.

do you have any links to your products or a web site?

It was a day with my youngest son that I hope I never forget.

harrissr

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    go to bazookabrothers.com and click on the video section and you will see our adapters at work. there is also a link i believe on the lower left of the home page for the 25 round and 14 round mags in my hk51

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom