I feel weird asking, buuut… anybody here work for the FBI?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Well, in that case they reached out to us. As someone who buys/sells regularly, I had immediate red flags pop up when my wife explained the situation, and when the check arrived they were confirmed. So we reached out to the company that was supposedly on the check, only to find they weren’t in business anymore. Then I contacted the “issuing bank” who connected us with the FBI. So I suppose the circumstances were different and there was a known established case.

In this situation, I don’t know if any of that is true and figured I’d try to “get a finger” on things if anyone here was connected with federal LEO in any way. Never hurts to ask, right? :)

So I may report it and see what happens I guess. Or I may send a nasty gram or an MO hand drawn with crayons and a note about a fake check for a fake scope as suggested above lol.

Anyway, thanks for the feedback.
    Might be worth at least reporting to the mods on the other forum if it's moderated.

xwing

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2012
    Greene County
    Good idea, but I think the FBI is too busy planning political persecutions and lawfare... Maybe one of the agents on INGO tasked with watching us "evil right-wing gun owners" will speak up...

I wish the first sentence could be in purple. :(

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    So I have a scammer on the hook pretty hard and I’m curious if it’s worth turning them over to the authorities or not.

I posted a WTB ad on another forum for a Leupold 1.5-5x20 (I’ll put an ad up here soon too lol), and this guy responded with an illuminated version. He sent me photos in my email that to the untrained eye looked pretty good, though something about them felt off a bit. I chalked it up to bad lighting, and since I’d never seen the illuminated duplex in that model, I did some googling to see if I could find a pic of one. I did, and it happened to be in an old GunsInternational.com ad for a scope that sold. That scope bore an uncanny resemblance to the one this guy sent me, so I looked deeper.
    You're cheating on us?! :):

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Send me proof that you have it and we’ll talk. I’ll need a feet pic with today’s paper and the scope in it… :gheyhi: :rofl:
    You forgot the picture had to be taken in the bathroom with the reflection in the mirror showing some... interesting disgusting things.

Top Bottom