I feel like the luckiest man alive today.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    So last night, I pulled the interior from her car to dig out her wedding band from under the carpet (we hada discussion about putting on hand lotion while driving :rolleyes:). I got done quickly, and started working on another little project for my car. She comes out all giddy and happy. I figure it's because she has her ring back and it's not destroyed. Nope. She wants to give me my anniversary gift. Now, our anniversary isn't until Sunday. We had agreed that the fireplace we're installing was more then enough for this year and making a card for each other (like we always do) was enough. Crap.

So I wash up and go in with her, she's grinning ear to ear. Walk into the kitchen and there sit's my old Mossberg 500 that I'd sold to a friend a couple years ago. I'm dumbfounded for 2 reasons.... one, I work with him every day and he's a bit of a blabber mouth. His idea of keeping a secret is... well, there isn't one. Great guy but if he'd been in the navy we'd have every ship at the bottom of the ocean, if you know what I mean. 2ndly I was curious how SHE got a hold of it.

I had paid $70 for this thing back in 1999. The owner and I cut the barrel and installed the black plastic furniture because the wood was cracked. He got nervous that he'd done something bad/illegal and sold it to me for less than what he had in it. I'd had it since, shot trap with it (28" full choke barrel we'd cut down to 19.25", super tight patterns for such a short barrel), put 1000-1200 rounds through it without a single issue. Merely cleaned after shooting and lubed occasionally. It's killed it's fair share of possums, coons, skunks, birds and chipmunks over the years. I'd sold it and the old CAI Golani Sporter to buy some other, newer stuff. This was one of those regrets. I loved it for the simplest reason: It was a hammer. It always went bang and never had an issue.

So yeah... I may have the greatest wife in the world right now.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Aww... I know there are "better" ones, and I even have a couple, but I'd never let go my 500 or 590. Having a wife like that (I will in a couple of weeks), you'll feel like that every day.

bobzilla

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    This sunday will be our 12th wedding anniversary. This woman continues to amaze me every day. Hell, she even comes from an anti-gun family growing up in one of hte least 2A states (NJ).

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    That's pretty nice. Especially in that she had probably heard you talk about that gun and wanted back and remembered--that's makes for a special gift.

So how did she get it back?

We wives can have our moments.

Moments? For a second there, I thought this was going to go in a different direction. :laugh:

bobzilla

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    So how did she get it back?

We wives can have our moments.

Apparently she called him here at work and asked if he wanted to sell it back. He has shot it a total of twice since he purchased it, so he figured why not. The day after I left work early because of Dad's heart-attac scare she dropped by and picked it up while I was still working. she's crafty.

bobzilla

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    :postpics:

Both the gun and the gal.

She's a good one.

here's an old photo of it from the first time I owned it:
    6F400C72.jpg

I sold it 3 months later.

and here's the wife from 2 years ago:

265148_2075898450100_6210720_n.jpg

Damn, I wish I still had that Golani Sporter too. Why am I so stupid and impulsive?

Top Bottom