• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rnmcguire

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Plainfield, IN
    Well I've finally done it. I bought my first Glock this afternoon. I've been kicking around the idea of getting a 26 or 27 for a carry gun but I've just never been in love with Glock. I know they're a well made gun but I just like a little flavor I guess and they seemed so vanilla. Well today at work my buddy was on the phone with his brother who's a LEO. He said that he's got a Glock 27 for sale. Well the price was amazing so I jumped on it. All I got was the pistol and 2 mags so I may look for the case/manual etc. later on. Here's a pic of my new find. I'm not sure but I believe this is a 3rd generation?
    Glock27.jpg

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    Sweet gun. And you'll be able to drop a caliber conversion barrel in to also make it a 9mm. I shot mine the other day and have just about decided to take the pinky mag extension like yours has off. It's a little hard to get my little finger on comfortably and I actually get a better grip with two fingers on and the pinky curled under the bottom of the mag. Try it.

85t5mcss

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Zionsville-NW Indy
    3rg Gen for the win. I like my little 26, too. The Kool-Aid ain't so bad. Is it?

Yes, they are a little boring, but function well. And I wouldn't worry about the box or manual. You won't need them.

rnmcguire

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Plainfield, IN
    Sweet gun. And you'll be able to drop a caliber conversion barrel in to also make it a 9mm. I shot mine the other day and have just about decided to take the pinky mag extension like yours has off. It's a little hard to get my little finger on comfortably and I actually get a better grip with two fingers on and the pinky curled under the bottom of the mag. Try it.
    Sweet, I didn't realize I could convert to 9mm. I was told that they have a 357 sig barrel which is a drop in converson and uses the .40 mags. So if I get a 9mm barrel I presume I'll also need 9mm mags to go with it? I've also heard about a trigger job for these. I may look into that as well.

FireBirdDS

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 28, 2012
    Indianapolis, IN
    "Koolaid" is very appropriate, so long as what you drank doesn't turn you all smug and "superior" like so many Glock owners out there. The only thing that turns me off from Glocks are the attitudes of so many Glock owners I encounter. Can't turn down a good deal though!

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    Sweet, I didn't realize I could convert to 9mm. I was told that they have a 357 sig barrel which is a drop in converson and uses the .40 mags. So if I get a 9mm barrel I presume I'll also need 9mm mags to go with it? I've also heard about a trigger job for these. I may look into that as well.
    I'll be getting my Storm Lake 40-9 conversion barrel today from Midway. I'll try it at Red Brush tomorrow or Saturday. I have my G26 sold pending my buddy getting the money together. I sold the G19 last week and will be getting a 40-9 conversion for my 23 also.

For the 9 you just use a g26 or 19 (or 17) magazine since the 26 and 27 have the exact same frame size. (I posted earlier about screwing up and putting a 9mm mag into the 27 and letting my nephew shoot it. Got a nice split case out of it but no damage except embarassement.)

rnmcguire

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Plainfield, IN
    "Koolaid" is very appropriate, so long as what you drank doesn't turn you all smug and "superior" like so many Glock owners out there. The only thing that turns me off from Glocks are the attitudes of so many Glock owners I encounter. Can't turn down a good deal though!
    I completely agree with you when it comes to snobbery. I'll maintain my love for all other quality firearms and not judge others based upon their choices. I gotta say this was one of the reasons it's taken me so long to own a Glock. It's the same way with Harley Davidson though. I like Harleys but I like alot of other bikes as well. To each his own.:twocents:

jrockne

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2012
    I completely agree with you when it comes to snobbery. I'll maintain my love for all other quality firearms and not judge others based upon their choices. I gotta say this was one of the reasons it's taken me so long to own a Glock. It's the same way with Harley Davidson though. I like Harleys but I like alot of other bikes as well. To each his own.:twocents:

Well said. It seems as if internet egos are on just about every forum there is. I have seen people act the exact same way over a range of topics. On archerytalk, everyone has a certain brand of bow that they shoot exclusively. In my younger days when I played tournament paintball, which ever type of equipment someone used, they praised, and everything else was garbage. Pacersdigest has it's fan boys over which players the team should trade for, draft, or trade away.

joshualee49

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 12, 2012
    Gas City, Indiana
    Why do some many people put down Glock owners? I own Glocks, they are my favorite, but I'm not a prick about it. Buy what you want or what you can afford.

Because a lot of them don't have the attitude that you do. They are myopic - just like a lot of 1911 fans (of which I am one). There is a difference between thinking your firearm has the best design ever and trying to force that philosiphy down everyone else's throat (while making them feel like thier FN or S&W or Bersa or Taurus or whatever is inferior).

Adamz04

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 11, 2012
    Fort wayne
    Why do some many people put down Glock owners? I own Glocks, they are my favorite, but I'm not a prick about it. Buy what you want or what you can afford.

Ditto.
    It's nice to see a glock thread for once.
    Congrats on your new gun, it looks like its in good condition.
    Check out glocktalk.com it's a nice site.

If its not a CZ, sig, or 1911 no one wants to talk about it.

jgressley2003

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2011
    Miami County
    Because a lot of them don't have the attitude that you do. They are myopic - just like a lot of 1911 fans (of which I am one). There is a difference between thinking your firearm has the best design ever and trying to force that philosiphy down everyone else's throat (while making them feel like thier FN or S&W or Bersa or Taurus or whatever is inferior).

I notice more people bashing Glocks than what you are talking about.

D.T.O.M.

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 27, 2009
    martinsville
    Yea I did it awhile back also bought a G23
    It is a nice gun but I still am very fond of my Springfield XDs
    The more I shoot it the more I like it.

BillyB

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Nice gun. I was the safety officer at Glock side match and we ran 5000 rounds of remanufactured ammo through that baby in two days without a single hiccup. After the first day we did take the slide off and brush things down and added a little lube.

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    Yea I did it awhile back also bought a G23
    It is a nice gun but I still am very fond of my Springfield XDs
    The more I shoot it the more I like it.
    I had an XD40 that I got at the Indy 1500 a couple years ago. I considered it to have the best trigger I had felt on a striker fired gun at that time. But I didn't like the weight. When I shot a G23 I couldn't believe that the trigger felt better and the weight was less. I traded the XD for something else that I can't even remember now. I love my Glocks but wouldn't put down someone else's choice.

CrimsonRayne

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 13, 2012
    I'm looking to buy Glock very soon. As soon as tomorrow. Congrats on yours. Hope you like it as much as you seem to now.

85t5mcss

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Zionsville-NW Indy

What's wrong with being right? Lol.

It's just his opinion. No biggie there. I think he meant he wasn't adamant about it and forcing others to believe what he wants them to believe. After all he did say it would be a great 1911. :) Nice find, BTW.

Ponder this. If Glock made a 1911 how many people would become first time Glock owners? Or how many would be first time 1911 owners? I already have both and each has a purpose. I just prefer the Glock due to size and weight.

rnmcguire

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Plainfield, IN
    Well I stopped at Bradis today and found a nice Blackhawk conceal carry holster on sale for $20 and also bought some ammo. Hopefully tomorrow I can put a few rounds downrange. :ar15:

Top Bottom