• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi
    Who cares, different strokes and all that.
    Hope the haters don’t have more than one rifle. That’s be a waste since you can only shoot one at a time. Remember, one bullet precisely where you want it…

Sorry, rant off. Just annoys me when people judge others.

I think I’ll mag dump one this weekend for the heck of it. :spend: :shoot:

rosejm

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 28, 2013
    NWI
    You begin your marksmanship journey to 500y at the 25y line.
    Imagine if you started again w/ rapid fire and honed your skills putting multiple rounds on target.

blain

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 27, 2016
    Evansville
    I live about 1/3 mile from a gun range.
    "Mag dumps" are designed to irritate me. :xmad:
    The plan does work at first. Then I chuckle as I realize how much of their cash they're burning through.

Reactions: Leo

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Mag dump on a 14 is twenty. That is a fast way to be out of ammo.

Of course the small caliber weapon is more easily controlled. A 16 with the old school rock and roll switch could be controlled one handed if the man was stout. A 14 on rock and roll takes some effort to control with two hands.

I see it done and see them grin. I have spent more than $30 in my life trying to get a grin. As long as the muzzle stays down range, I will not interrupt. Grin away.

Sloughfoot and I have spent a lot of time learning to control each round during timed fire. He is really good at it. Generally that is proven effective in the majority of circumstances, especially when you are carrying all your ammo on you and supply is miles away.

Last edited:

Mij

Permaplinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    To many mall ninjas, never been in a real fight. Suppressing fire is from multiple rifle men coming from different directions.

Mag dump, as currently used is a bozo wanting to be the next dead guy. And some * that has played to many video games.

You got it right, it’s unexplainable. Forget it and remember your training. Why do you think they taught you to fire in 3 round burst?

Wabatuckian

Smith-Sights.com
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    Wabash
    When I was a soldier, it was called a mad minute. Mainly used for troop morale. I never heard of any opfor hurt by it.

I thought then, and continue to think, it's a waste of ammunition.

I thought it was a "break contact" thing.

Also, I never qualified for the military. This is just what I've heard from others.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    Shooting ranges are full of errant shots that damage and destroy things. Some of those shots are put there by people actually trying to learn to shoot accurately. Some are there by some people who want to vandalize stuff downrange because they get a kick out of it. Some are there because people want to do mag dumps. That's why we can't have nice things!

Reactions: Leo

92FSTech

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 24, 2020
    North Central
    From a practical perspective, I have no problem with shooting fast...provided you can keep your shots on target. Shoot as fast as you can hit, and train to get faster. But sending uncontrolled, unaccounted-for rounds downrage, busting up target stands, or worse, exiting the range and penetrating the neighbor's wall 1/2 a mile away (real life call I took just a few weeks ago) makes you reckless and a danger to everyone around you.

At the end of the day, it's your gun and your money. Do whatever floats your boat provided you're not endangering the lives or property of others.

Top Bottom