I carry a Glock now. Does that make me a bad person?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CPT Nervous

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    The Southern Bend
    I've always had my trusty Sig P226 by my side. German made, mid '90s. Wonderful gun. I love it so much, it's my profile name. Anyway, I started carrying a G19. Well, I love that, too. It fits my hands better, and I shoot better with it. I love the smooth single action on the Sig, but I find the pull on the Glock to be better for defense. Am I a bad person for switching to a plastic gun? I used to laugh at guys who carried them. I still carry the Sig, it has Hogue wood grips now, but I usually only carry that when I dress nice.

As my buddy put it, "Drive the Chevy every day, leave the Caddy in the garage."

But, I'm a Ford guy...

mr.steve

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2012
    Plymouth
    No, your not bad.. you just wandered next door... Check the map:

Austria.jpg

I agree with your buddy, use the P226 for special occasions. :D

goColt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 3, 2008
    Boone County
    "Good? Bad? I'm the guy with the gun."

Carry what you believe in and can shoot the best. I used to carry a 1911-style gun (Colt Defender) and now I carry a Glock 23. For various reasons which I won't get into here, I made the switch.

The 226 is a perfectly fine gun for carry but if you prefer the Glock then carry that. I would make the recommendation that you pick one or the other and carry that. Don't mix. You don't want to throw anything into the defensive equation than you need to. Remember Keep It Super Simple. The less your brain has to do when you need it to keep you alive, the better. If you have to think..."Do I have the Glock or do I have the Sig", then that might slow you down when it counts.

I also have a G26 that I carry in a pocket holster but it has the same setup as the G23, and any other Glock for that matter.

Don't get me wrong, I have lotsa guns and I shoot many of them but I only carry a Glock.

CPT Nervous

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    The Southern Bend
    "Good? Bad? I'm the guy with the gun."

Carry what you believe in and can shoot the best. I used to carry a 1911-style gun (Colt Defender) and now I carry a Glock 23. For various reasons which I won't get into here, I made the switch.

The 226 is a perfectly fine gun for carry but if you prefer the Glock then carry that. I would make the recommendation that you pick one or the other and carry that. Don't mix. You don't want to throw anything into the defensive equation than you need to. Remember Keep It Super Simple. The less your brain has to do when you need it to keep you alive, the better. If you have to think..."Do I have the Glock or do I have the Sig", then that might slow you down when it counts.

That's about how I feel. I carry the Glock 95% of the time when I OC. I carry a Kel Tec PF9 at work, concealed. I am most comfortable with the Glock, so that's my OC EDC gun. I have smaller hands, and they fit the 19 better, and in addition to what I said earlier about the trigger, I feel better with the 19. Just wanted to know that I wouldn't be judged as I judged Glock people.

All my friends are doing it! Damn peer pressure is what it is.

doglb

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   1
    Jul 13, 2009
    Ft. Wayne, IN
    You are loved...Im a big G19 fan, its never let me down!
    Nothing wrong with a 226, beautiful weapon...however, to each there own, your
    A gun owner, carry what works for you!

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Bad? No. Practical? Yes.

If it makes you feel better I have a Glock and Sig P226. I carry the Glock.

Well actually most of the time I carry a J frame. But I am lazy.

handgun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 1, 2012
    Central part of This state
    As my buddy put it, "Drive the Chevy every day, leave the Caddy in the garage."

But, I'm a Ford guy...

Okay in your case..

"Drive the Ford everyday, leave the Lincoln in the garage.. till Sunday.."

Still a fan of a metal gun.. Although my pocket gun is plastic.. I only wish the manufacture would make it in an aluminum or steal frame..
    *hint hint* if any Kahr manufacturing/ engineers happen to read this thread* Offer the Kahr p380 in an Al Frame!!!!!!

Anyway.. YES YOU ARE A HORRID PERSON! Just kidding

If it fits your hand better, you like the trigger better, and you shoot better with it then no sin has been committed. However if the other way around is true.. then you have committed a multitude of sins..

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98.2%
    54   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    I've been a 'wheel-gun-guy' for 20+ years...but the wife and I found a pair of NIB Gen II Glocks (hers is a 19 and mine is a 23) a little over a year and a half ago...and we've recently switched to them for primary carry!

I've owned and shot Bersa's, Beretta's, Kahr's, Smith's, and Sig's, as well as a few different Glocks...but to me (as well as my wife) the Gen II, mid-sized Glock frame fits our hands the best!

Glock 19...the #1 selling handgun in the world! Enjoy it!

Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    Its pretty hard to argue with a weapon that had surpassed the Austrian Military's torture test for durability and reliability.

Top Bottom