• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • acelungger

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Hi All,
    I been shooting 1911's since 1972 and I have never been able to shoot G.I. sights I have allways had to change them. When I have tried to shoot the G.I. sights I allways have shot a foot low:dunno: I have allways own a 1911 since 73 ad I have a passon for them. I just traded for a new Springfield G.I. model, I did want most gun owners do when the get a new gun they go out and shoot it:ar15::ar15:
    of course a foot low:xmad:
    Am I the only person that has this problem?:dunno:

Would like to hear from you all!:patriot:
    Greg

Kazan

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2011
    sounds like they standard GI sights are probably to short for your sight picture

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Greenfield
    G.I sights do have a lower profile. I have the same problem with them. Now with the springfield Mil-spec, the sights set up a little higher so im not shooting so low. I hate the sight itself but the range officer has the adjustible sight, i would look into adding one of them to help you out. Or just aim higher. Lol

midget

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 2, 2010
    Leo
    I know at least on the Springfield GI and Mil Spec, the stock sights are horrific and not very accurate (tested on bench with bag)... I end up swapping for bomar style rear sight :)

duffman0286

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Wayne Co
    just work on tight groupings once you know exactly where the impacts are with your sight picture adjust your aim accordingly... my 22rf marlin lever action shoots one foot to the right at 75yards however i know exactly how it shoots and its my primary varmint gun... i never adjusted the front sight because this is what i got used too for this gun and if i change it... it would just be wrong to me

acelungger

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Midget, You are 100% right!!! I been shooting 1911 for 40 years and I have never shot G.I. sights and those on my G.I. are:noway: I have had 3 of my friends shoot it and not one of them is a excellent pistol shooter and no one could shoot it good!
    Duff, don't get me wrong, every person shoots different, but man shooting a rifle that shoots one foot off at 75 yards I guess if everything you shoot was 75 yards you would know how to aim, but doesn't that rifle have a dovetail sight? If it does I would think you would be doing yourself a big help buy getting it to shoot dead on. If it doesn't have a dovetail front, most people move the rear site.
    But its your rifle, and if you like it go for it!
    Greg

Top Bottom