• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • handkaudio

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2010
    Ya I think they shouldn't be able to goto to the super bowl. Instead they get a slap on the rust and continue there cheating. And I'm not a football fan lol

Work

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 15, 2011
    Lafayette
    $25,000 doesnt matter to them. They dont care if they lose a draft pick. To them, if they go to the SB, it's worth it. But, they cheated. whether or not it helped them win the game aside, they cheated. Ban them from the SB, and let's replay the AFC championship game between the Colts and the Ravens

calcot7

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 12, 2008
    Indy N Side
    $25,000 doesnt matter to them. They dont care if they lose a draft pick. To them, if they go to the SB, it's worth it. But, they cheated. whether or not it helped them win the game aside, they cheated. Ban them from the SB, and let's replay the AFC championship game between the Colts and the Ravens

This sounds like the right way to go to me. And the Patriots should be responsible for all the expenses.

Tripp11

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    I think it is a $25,000 fine for altering the balls after inspection.

Roger Goodell can employ language in the NFL constitution to increase the penalty, if he sees fit. Along those lines, Article 8.13 of the constitution makes clear that Roger Goodell shall review accusations against teams for violating rules "affecting the competitive aspects of the game" and issue an appropriate penalty. Article 8.14 is also potentially relevant, as it authorizes Roger Goodell to hear disputes between teams that "involve or affect League policy." So, in my opinion, I believe the NFL has the flexibility to punish the Patriots to a more severe degree than just what is stated in the rules for Balls.

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    The NFL is big business. It won't matter how many people are upset, how many people call or complain, how many people don't go the the SB. There will always be more in line willing to take their place and shuck out the big bucks. They really don't give two :poop: about our opinion.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Punishment is proper if the allegations are proven, certainly.

...but disqualify them from the Superbowl? And put who in their place. Remember the snoozefest last year? Prepare for a worse one.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    The NFL is big business. It won't matter how many people are upset, how many people call or complain, how many people don't go the the SB. There will always be more in line willing to take their place and shuck out the big bucks. They really don't give two :poop: about our opinion.

They should. This event won't matter on it's own, but it is part of a pattern that the NFL has to worry about, including repeated cheating controversies, woman-beating, miscellaneous on- and off-field violence, ridiculous displays for making a simple tackle or catch, etc, etc. Some are becoming less enamored with the NFL. I'm watching far less than I used to and have long since stopped attending or buying NFL merchandise. What the NFL needs to watch out for is indifference. I'm already moving in that direction.

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    They should. This event won't matter on it's own, but it is part of a pattern that the NFL has to worry about, including repeated cheating controversies, woman-beating, miscellaneous on- and off-field violence, ridiculous displays for making a simple tackle or catch, etc, etc. Some are becoming less enamored with the NFL. I'm watching far less than I used to and have long since stopped attending or buying NFL merchandise. What the NFL needs to watch out for is indifference. I'm already moving in that direction.

I used to watch many years ago. I will never go to a live game, even if it was paid for by someone else, I don't watch on TV much anymore. The last game I saw was while visiting friends and they had it on. I floated between chatting with them & running errands for the wives in the kitchen who were cooking for the holidays. I'm fed up with most sports in general for all the reasons you listed above. Right now I can at least tolerate the NFL if I'm in the same room. The NBA (Nothing But Attitude?) is another story, it's much worse. The thuggery & attitude along with everything else is more than I can take. I won't even stay in the same room when there a game on. I'd rather be mugged again than go to a live NBA game.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

You can give these guys the keys to the magic kingdom and they will only abuse it.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    I used to watch many years ago. I will never go to a live game, even if it was paid for by someone else, I don't watch on TV much anymore. The last game I saw was while visiting friends and they had it on. I floated between chatting with them & running errands for the wives in the kitchen who were cooking for the holidays. I'm fed up with most sports in general for all the reasons you listed above. Right now I can at least tolerate the NFL if I'm in the same room. The NBA (Nothing But Attitude?) is another story, it's much worse. The thuggery & attitude along with everything else is more than I can take. I won't even stay in the same room when there a game on. I'd rather be mugged again than go to a live NBA game.
    As a former HUGE football fan, I am taking the same stance with the NFL! Not worth my time or dollars anymore.

Top Bottom