I blame the Cowboys VS Aliens movie for this..

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Plinkuh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 7, 2010
    West Side of Indy
    But I have to admit, I like the walnut furniture on that AR....

34g3jlt.gif

iDominate

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2010
    Demotte
    The stock is the worst part of the whole thing. It looks too steam punk and awkward. Give me a different black stock and I would take that no problem.

snowman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    Bremen, IN
    I may ruffle some feathers but, here I go

I remember a time, not so long ago, 1983 I think? There was a plastic pistol that came out called the Glock 17. Everyone hated it, calling it a plastic gun and it didn't take off in the US at first. I remember guys calling it a piece of junk that melts on the dash of your car if you leave it out in the sun. When I first got hired on the police dept. I mentioned the Glock when we looked at getting new guns and our firearms instructers called them pieces of junk that always jam. We went with Sig, by the way.

Now let's fast forward a while, well, longer that I like to think about. Now days the Glock is loved but all. I could argue that it is one of the best handuns in the US today. My point is, you never know how a new firearm product will turn out in the long run. Personaly, I could go either way with the tactical lever action. It's not great but I don't hate it either.

Jenel

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2011
    Johnson County
    You can't compare the ugliness of that gun to the ugliness of a Glock. Glocks have a face only a mother can love. That gun has a face only a buzzard could eat.

I may ruffle some feathers but, here I go

I remember a time, not so long ago, 1983 I think? There was a plastic pistol that came out called the Glock 17. Everyone hated it, calling it a plastic gun and it didn't take off in the US at first. I remember guys calling it a piece of junk that melts on the dash of your car if you leave it out in the sun. When I first got hired on the police dept. I mentioned the Glock when we looked at getting new guns and our firearms instructers called them pieces of junk that always jam. We went with Sig, by the way.

Now let's fast forward a while, well, longer that I like to think about. Now days the Glock is loved but all. I could argue that it is one of the best handuns in the US today. My point is, you never know how a new firearm product will turn out in the long run. Personaly, I could go either way with the tactical lever action. It's not great but I don't hate it either.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    Oh my. Like dating a 400 pound woman or riding a moped. Lots of fun til your friends see you doing it.

I believe you have that quote wrong buddy. It ISN'T lots of fun til your friends see you doing it, it is "it IS lots more fun to drunkenly share with your good friends so you have a story to share at their wedding reception." Riding mopeds while drunk is a good time. The other thing, well...it happens and life moves on.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Probably would have helped if they had ANY lever actions. Army policy then was that they were wasteful of ammo, and promoted bad marksmanship.

And, he elected to leave behind the Gatling guns. It would slow them down, and didn't need it against them "savages".

Then, he split his forces.

I would like to say we have the advantage of hindsight. But he was admired more by the newspeople thanfellow military.

BigJ3780

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 18, 2010
    Gotta make that chedda, and gotta have some one to laugh at while at the range. I feel shame for anyone that would show up with that thing...

Top Bottom