• ...and so much more!
  • csaws

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Morgan County
    I bit the bullet today... now with pics

I broke down and bought a Mosin Nagant at a yard sale, he had four there and said he has more. Got it for a Ben Franklin. Pics later. Has 1943T on it and what I think is a build date of August 4 1939 on the bolt.

picture.php

Last edited:

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    WTF? People find guns at yard sales all the time! I've never seen a single firearm for sale at any yard sale I've ever visited! :xmad:

skier11

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Bainbridge
    A buddy of mine is into them also. He bought one at one of the recent gun shows at the fairgrounds. He's pretty knowledgeable about them. If you have any questions I can probably get you in contact with him. I guess they are really good shooters!

husker

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 26, 2009
    Hamilton County
    I broke down and bought a Mosin Nagant at a yard sale, he had four there and said he has more. Got it for a Ben Franklin. Pics later. Has 1943T on it and what I think is a build date of August 4 1939 on the bolt.
    Perhaps 1943г (from год = year). The bolt should have the serial number but I've never seen one with a date code.
    Looking forward to pictures.

Oh, and don't forget the INGO Mosin group thanks to ATF Consumer: INGunOwners - Mosin Nagant Owners

csaws

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Morgan County
    I will work on the pics tomorrow night long day today and another long one tomorrow. The numbers on the bolt are 8 4 39. He has one more of the 1943's and a carbine model 100 for the 1943 and 150 for the carbine, he says he has more on top of those and he has an FFL. :)

csaws

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Morgan County
    Just joined the Mosin group would've yesterday but iPhones are ok to some extent posting on a forum is kind of tedious, forgot to tell ya I got a box of ammo with the purchase. Ten rounds think.

Can you guys see the pic? If not I will link it from here.

hunter89

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 25, 2009
    I bought one of them this past january and it is a blast to shot but for some reason i always have the problem of it shooting high and the back sight is all the way down so i am not sure how to fix the problem. Other then that i really like the gun.

Top Bottom