• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ghostpoint

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    I do have to admit they might want to keep an eye on that one little husky boy that turned and nailed the wall a couple of times. Been there, done that and have the scars on my knuckles due to those kind of anger burst! Studs don't give like drywall they hold LOL.

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    "YOU SNEAKY MOM"

My wife showed this to me last night... we had a good laugh, especially at the end. That one kid was very witty, and intelligent in his responses... you can't come up with a good come-back to kids like that... what else do you do but laugh?

Last edited:

AJBB87

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 6, 2009
    Here
    I'm 24

Have no kids

Saw this on Fox 59 this morning and thought how spoiled all those kids were. Especially the ones that started SCREAMING and crying.

I don't know...is it just me? I know they're young and the parents are purposely playing a joke but...if I acted like that in front of my parents my butt would be red.

7th Stepper

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2011
    Indiana
    I'm 24

Have no kids

Saw this on Fox 59 this morning and thought how spoiled all those kids were. Especially the ones that started SCREAMING and crying.

I don't know...is it just me? I know they're young and the parents are purposely playing a joke but...if I acted like that in front of my parents my butt would be red.

I do have to agree with you. We watched the clip earlier and were laughing so hard we woke up all 3 dogs and our daughter who was sleeping in the recliner.....who came over and then watched it with us.

We've actually pulled pranks like that on her, and never once has she had any sort of temper tantrum or screaming fit. That wouldn't have been even slightly tolerated!

We've pulled things like the time she had an MRI done on her head (they thought she might have seizures, she didn't) and when she asked us on the way home what they found.....we straight faced told her "Chocolate Pudding". She was perplexed, but never made a sink about it. We've pulled others, including the one shown in the clip, and she knows us well enough to just go to the "usual" hiding places and find it on her own. But did it with respect, and with us watching (and usually laughing), NEVER with any sort of disrespect or secrecy. She got to know those, because we used to play "find the Easter Basket" when she was a little kid. I'd leave notes all over the house, and each one would lead to another spot where yet another note was, eventually leading to the actual basket. It was hilarious.

We've many times pulled the "I've eaten all the....(fill in the blank here)" and it's all gone. Sorry, you snooze, you lose", prank. As I said, she got to know us well enough to say "yea...right....any others?" after she got older.

But some of the behavior that a few of those kids displayed, would have been stopped in a heartbeat! She actually NEVER "pitched a fit", had a "temper tantrum", or any other such behavior while she was growing up, and no, it's not because I think she's the "perfect child", it's because I took steps to avoid it when she was a peewee. When I'd take her grocery shopping with me, I'd sit her in the buggy, find some kid having a "hissy fit", pull up just in front of them on the opposite side of the aisle, and let her watch for a few minutes. Then after she'd seen what the kid was doing, and what the parents were doing to try and stop it (with no success), I'd get down close to her face and whisper out...."If you EVER pull a stunt like that on Daddy or I, I'll super glue your mouth shut!" Another one was "I'll spank you with limp, wet and sticky noodles!" etc., you get the picture.

I know...I know...some people are going to think we were terrible parents, however we practiced the theory of "The careful application of terror, is also a form of communication" method. AS WELL AS, giving her good examples to follow, and rewards when she did something extra specially good. She was NEVER afraid of us, she simply knew that behavior like that would come with a punishment that she definitely didn't even want to think about! (Usually a spanking, with a "time out" sitting in a corner of the room, bored out of her skull). I spanked, but NEVER out of anger, and NEVER to excess. 3 swats, pants up, was the usual limit. She's 23 now, has had a temper tantrum or 2, and didn't like the end results, which were NEVER physical, but she definitely was put in her place, tootsweet! At this point, she still comes over on a regular basis, knows she can discuss anything and everything she wants or needs to with us, we won't judge or ridicule her over how she thinks, always give her the best advice we can, and regardless, and will always "watch her back".

She's ALWAYS been able to talk to us (me on particularly delicate matters of the heart, aka girl stuff), on any subject she chooses, and knows that we'll give her the best advice we/I can, but she's the one who makes the final decisions. It's simply a matter or respect, we respect her, she respects us. It's been that way all of her life, regardless of the situation. She can tell us stories of escapades that most parents would faint over, and all we do (most of the time) is end up laughing ourselves silly over what went on. On more serious matters, she comes to us first and foremost regarding any advice or suggestions she wants/needs. She's by no means the "perfect child", but has always been our pride and joy, and a treasure to have around, even now. She grew up rather fast, because of the fact that we uprooted and moved here when she was only 3, and it was just the 2 of us until Bill got here. I had to teach her how to dial 911, explain to the dispatcher what was going on, NEVER talk to or let in a stranger, stay and play exactly where I told her to, and never question a "direct order", which was only used during a serious potentially harmful, or emergency situation. IE: Tornado Warning, etc.

I guess what I'm getting at in my answer to you, is that children learn what they live, and live what they learn, and if you teach them right in the beginning, you won't have the issues the parents in that video did with the more "bratty" kids, especially the ones with the "anger issues".

Otherwise, that video was priceless, and we ALL had ourselves a huge laugh at what went on. Thank You JG for posting it! I hadn't seen it on the news (I very rarely have the TV on) and I would have missed out on what could be a very funny entry on "Americas Funniest Videos"! It was GREAT! Thank you SO much! You brightened our day!

Take care JG, and thanks again!
    7th Stepper

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    I'm 24

Have no kids

How many parents here would keep it together if a spouse or their kids hit them with...oh, I dunno....."I gave away all your guns and ammo". My guess is there'd be tears to equal the kids. And more than a few fits pitched.

goinggreyfast

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 21, 2010
    Morgan County
    Those last two boys are EXACTLY like two of my nephews. I saw this earlier on FB and reposted. Can't wait till my sister sees it. Heck, they even kinda look like the boys. HA!

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011
    How many parents here would keep it together if a spouse or their kids hit them with...oh, I dunno....."I gave away all your guns and ammo". My guess is there'd be tears to equal the kids. And more than a few fits pitched.

Free candy vs. the weapons I use to keep us safe.

Uh....

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    I loved the 2 kids at the end. Stinking hilarious!

They were priceless. That's one intelligent kid on the right. So young, but so well spoken.

"Oh, good for you Dad, you're probably going to get a belly ache." :laugh:

I'm 24

Have no kids

Nah, other than the kids that got violent (the two fat ones) they were just kids being kids. Candy is like crack to kids. I bet you'd be upset if you were 3 and lost a big bag of sweets.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom