• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hunter88

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2013
    I applied on the 22nd. I have one misdemeanor owi charge. Will the alcohol classes I had to take for my probation cause me to be denied?

VN Vet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Should not. Good Luck to you. We have all made mistakes. Some of us have been caught some of us have not been caught. You should be good to go.

THard6

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   1
    Apr 1, 2010
    Greenwood
    what county was it in? you can always look up the charge and see the Status of it. I wouldn't stress it causing you any problems.

Hunter88

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2013
    Im thinking now that as long as there's no felony then there should be no problem. But...people that work for the law can do what ever and not be charged for the same crime we would be. Sad...very sad but true.

Bigshep

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 29, 2012
    New Albany
    You'll have no problem at all. It'll take a few more days so they can look into your record, but if that's all that is on it, you're good to go. I applied for mine when the wait time was 3 days using L1 and I got mine in 2 weeks and 1 day. This was when I was still on probation for an OWI.

2ARIGHTSPLZ

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 20, 2012
    Well, please let me know if it goes through for you. I am going through a similar situation and would love a little guidance.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    I applied on the 22nd. I have one misdemeanor owi charge. Will the alcohol classes I had to take for my probation cause me to be denied?

Depends. ;) Was it the only alcohol related offense? And how long ago was it. Per the Indiana code.
    IC 35-47-1-2
    "Alcohol abuser"
    Sec. 2. "Alcohol abuser" means an individual who has had two (2) or more alcohol related offenses, any one (1) of which resulted in conviction by a court or treatment in an alcohol abuse facility within three (3) years prior to the date of the application.
    As added by P.L.311-1983, SEC.32.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 26, 2012
    Hobart
    I think as long as you answered the questions truthfully you are fine and it was a one time thing. Hope u applied l1 or it will be forever to get your ltch. Keep us posted.

Hunter88

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2013
    I did not know about L1 when I applied. Did the standard mail thing. Wish I would have know. Also I put the date of arrest and misdemeanor owi

Top Bottom