• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Airborne33

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 18, 2010
    Colorado SPrings
    I thought the movie was a terrible remake. Not true to the original story line. Fails at an attempt to add some sort of wierd butterfly connection b.s. that doesn't make sense and outright doesn't belong in the movie. If they would have gone by the book they would have had an amazing movie, but they instead wanted to just make an entertaining movie so they added a "happy" ending completely change the main characters motives, personality, background, and body type.

In the book, there is very little use of guns at all. So to make it more interesting and a lot less suspenseful Neville (I believe that's the main characters name, it's been a while) has to kill almost each and every one of them by stabbing them with a stake. He finds no real female companionship except by a mutant vampire female that can actually control herself. Basically they should have called this movie something else and just given credit that it was loosely based off of a book with some similar circumstances. Hollywood can't get anything right. If they really wanted to go with a character that was a military doctor, why not get someone WHO HAS MILITARY EXPERIENCE... would that be too hard or difficult to imagine? So gives a **** if he's a bad actor, the character in the movie isn't exactly supposed to be up to date on his people skills and most of the story has little to no dialogue.... Grr.

Let me know when they remake this movie again.. the right way.

By the way, why is it so hard to get Soldiers and Marines (present or former) to play Soldiers and Marines in movies? Is there some reason we have to pick people who have zero experience to play them? I like how our society would rather see someone flashy that gets paid too much to play a hero on T.V. when the real heros have to struggle to make ends meet and have to watch crappy movies about themselves that dishonor them by making us military look like idiots.

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    ... but zombies can't write tickets...

Good gas, good batteries... what I wanna know is how he got everything wrapped up at his house. Come on... I don't have to fight zombies in shadows or at night and I can't seem to get the living room painted in a few months... he only had three years and was better set up than most of us, while still being a scientist.

Still like the movie though...

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    I would have liked it if the zombies weren't these CGI freaks. They can scale any wall, jump any height, tip a truck over with a headbutt....

I don't care how jacked up from government vaccinations they were. There are some bits of reality that will not change.

I prefer my zombies to obey the laws of physics.

dustjunky2000

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Greenfield
    This movie annoyed me the way many movie adaptations of good books do. The story is good enough in it's original form to make people want to see it on screen, so why do they gut it every time? The book was short. It's not like they had to cut parts to make for time allowances. They just took the title and the idea of zombies and made a whole new movie. And not a very good one at that.

I usually don't bother whining much about these things, but this one is just ridiculous. The movie bears almost no resemblance to the book at all. They changed it SO much that the title doesn't even make sense anymore.

Top Bottom