• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KPierce

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 7, 2008
    Jeffersonville
    Since you have XD's in .40 already. I would also recommend the XDm 9. 19 rounds is nice to carry around in a standard mag.

If you really must get something from another maker, I suggest Beretta. I love mine.
    03100009-1.jpg

kingnereli

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    New Castle
    You may want to ask if someone on here knows the approximate cost and trouble of converting your Xdm to 9mm. I would bet that would be your cheapest option. You would just need the barrel, mags, probably a lighter recoil spring and smithing costs if the barrel needs fitted. One gun, two calibers.

andrewheath

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2009
    Indianapolis
    You mentioned you might be looking at a SR9 by ruger. They are a comfortable carry piece. Lightweight, accurate, and fun to shoot. The only reason I sold mine was because I didn't like how it felt in my hand like I do my 1911. The best 9mm I can remember firing was the S&W 908 9mm. However I think its NLA from the factory.

dburkhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    For 9 mm, I'm a big, big fan of the CZ75. Mine is the most accurate handgun I own and 16+1 with the factory mags is hard to beat. I've tried a bunch in different places, including some that are a lot more high-dollar, and the CZ75 I bought beat them all straight out of the box.

Full disclosure, however, compels me to point out that the CZ75 doesn't "point" as well in my hands as does my 1911 (meaning it takes a fraction of a second longer to get the gun on target for that first shot) and I don't like the feel of the safety. That's why my primary carry gun remains the 1911.

These things are very much YMMV stuff.

And so, my usual recommendation is to try to get your hands on one--rental at a range, friend's, what have you (if you're in the Indy area, I'll be happy to let you try out my CZ75 for the cost of range time and ammo)--and see what works best for you.

kingnereli

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    New Castle
    Why have one gun when you can have two? ;)

Haha. Good point. I was just trying to be cost effective.

dburkhead said:
    For 9 mm, I'm a big, big fan of the CZ75. Mine is the most accurate handgun I own and 16+1 with the factory mags is hard to beat. I've tried a bunch in different places, including some that are a lot more high-dollar, and the CZ75 I bought beat them all straight out of the box.

Full disclosure, however, compels me to point out that the CZ75 doesn't "point" as well in my hands as does my 1911 (meaning it takes a fraction of a second longer to get the gun on target for that first shot) and I don't like the feel of the safety. That's why my primary carry gun remains the 1911.

These things are very much YMMV stuff.

And so, my usual recommendation is to try to get your hands on one--rental at a range, friend's, what have you (if you're in the Indy area, I'll be happy to let you try out my CZ75 for the cost of range time and ammo)--and see what works best for you.

A few weekends ago I tried the CZ75 P07 Duty(I think that is what it was called.) I was impressed.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom