• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Pale Rider

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Apr 12, 2009
    Too Close to Home
    Due to a combination of job issues and auto/house repairs I am left completely gunless:xmad:. It is very strange feeling. I am not going to be able to afford another gun for a least a few months. I am still blessed and have what really matters which is my family but this is just plain weird. Anybody else ever had this happen?

I'm right there with ya, paying for school and apt. etc had to take priority... we should start a support group for others in the same situation!! We can meet and cry on eachother's shoulders while remembering the good times with our precious guns!! ;)

Eiffelman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 6, 2009
    I know the feeling. I have been out of work a few times. Several years ago I was out of work for 9 months and I had to sell all of my guns including a Colt Python that my grandpa gave me. It still makes me mad at myself that I did it. But I learned a valuable lesson, live cheap. I am now out of work now, but we are making it just fine, I am even still buying guns. SAVE SAVE SAVE it will start raining one day and you will need that rainy day fund. I went back to the guy about a year later and tried to by it back, but he sold it and now I have no idea where it is.....would love to have it back but don't think that will ever happen........

I do hope that your grandpa's Colt Python eventually turns up. A WANTED NOTICE on some Gun Forums may help achieve that end.

win87

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 16, 2009
    elkhart in
    I had 16 guns back in 1958. Then a fire took the house down with the guns. I had a friend loane me a 30-40 for deer season that year. I have sence rebuild my collection .You will be dolng doing the same good luck.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    I've always made sure we had a couple guns in the house to protect the family. There was a point, though, that those guns were an old single shot .22 that is worth far more to me than it would ever bring in in dollars, and an old Marlin .22. .22s are marginal protection, but it's what we could afford to shoot at $2 a box.

Collection has gone down instead of up, though. :( The Marlin .357 and .32-20 lever actions Cathy and I bought each other as anniversary presents, my Savage .22, that old Marlin .22, my Mosin Nagant that I barely got a chance to shoot, a couple others. Things seem to be turning around, and we are able to seriously look at buying again.

Things always get better.

Dr Falken

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2008
    Bloomington
    Wish you luck on getting on your feet. I gotta say that there are a lot of other things I'd get rid of/do before I let all of my guns go. I made that decision long ago not to sell a gun for bills if I was going to replace it later, because it just cost me more money. Lotsa other stuff that I'd sell first, or figure out how to pay for things.

darinb

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Scott county,indiana
    I am going get a Walther P99 this Friday unless something crazy happens. I am pumped I fiinally can carry again and get back to training. I am buying from a coworker who needs the cash and I need the gun so we can help each other out. Thanks to all who offered comments and advise.

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    I have never been gunless, but three years ago my house burned and I lost about 40 guns and almost all of my ammo/reloading supplies (probably about $20k worth of 20 years of building. No insurance because I couldn't get any. I still had my carry gun and a couple of others that were in my shop.

I've been rebuilding the collection, and while I don't have as many guns, the ones I have are much better quality. Losing the family passdown guns hurt most.

indymike

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Jun 29, 2009
    I had my only (at the time) gun stolen once. Not only did it feel odd not having one but I had the rage and anger of the lowlife that lifted it.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    Several years ago, I went through a divorce, and went from 20+ guns down to one. had to sell em or be homeless. Those were some dark times for me. I'm now married to my dream girl and she gives me a lot of crap about always wanting some new guns, but she lets me do it anyway:D. Just remember, what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. I learned a lot from my dark times. Man I'd like to have some of those guns back though.

rtrouten

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I have found my self at the point were my wife and I let the kids eat first then we ate what was left. I am 34yrs old and I have been at rock bottom. I have been more than blessed the past couple of years, so yes, hard work and sticking to a plan is the key to success. It will get better, and we only get tested to the point that we can handle.

hodgej1843

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    SOUTH SIDE INDY
    been there done that.it all comes back to ya.just keep your head up.just be glad you still have your home and your family.one day they will see the struggle you went threw and will repay you beyond belief....just hang on.payback is coming soon.....:yesway:

Top Bottom