• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • darinb

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Scott county,indiana
    Due to a combination of job issues and auto/house repairs I am left completely gunless:xmad:. It is very strange feeling. I am not going to be able to afford another gun for a least a few months. I am still blessed and have what really matters which is my family but this is just plain weird. Anybody else ever had this happen?

czar996

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2009
    Sorry to hear about the bad luck. You will be back on your feet in no time. Just keep working hard. You will get there.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Due to a combination of job issues and auto/house repairs I am left completely gunless:xmad:. It is very strange feeling. I am not going to be able to afford another gun for a least a few months. I am still blessed and have what really matters which is my family but this is just plain weird. Anybody else ever had this happen?

Not in MANY, MANY, years!

Do you need a loaner?

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    I am gunless too at the moment due to the fact that mine grew legs and walked off.

either you lost it, or it was stolen... in the latter have you filed a police report?

OP, sorry to hear about your loss, i dont think i could EVER be gunless, i would rather be homeless with 1 gun than gunless with 1 home.... this coming from a guy with a roof over his head so take it with a grain of salt...

Mgderf :+1: just for the offer.

RelicHound

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2009
    SW IN
    I feel you pain man. I went from 14 guns in January to having 1 now and the only reason Ive kept that one is because it puts meat in my freezer. things will get better. Ive already started to save my pennies to rebuild my collection,hopefully you'll be able to do the same soon.

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I can relate. About ten years ago I needed a new transmission and had plowed through my savings. Sold my .30-06 as it was my last and best thing I had. Made me mad (at myself). But it had to be done.
    It's a temporory thing brother. Things you are doing now will get you further ahead than if you sat back and didn't make sacrifices.

Keep your head up.

Cain71

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 17, 2009
    Columbus
    Remember, you are not absolutley out until you are down to no keys,those to the car,house,safe. You will come back,alot of us have been there. Good luck and I hope things get better.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove

I recently went through this. I was gunless for a couple months, and JUST got my new one this past week. I hated the feeling of not having one.

Not in MANY, MANY, years!

Do you need a loaner?

Wow, THIS is what I love about INGO. Reps to you for that offer!
    (where were you a couple months ago when I needed you?? :D )

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 20, 2008
    Granite Falls, NC
    I feel your pain...after my wife left, I had to sell my gun to pay some bills. I can't currently afford to replace it. Its a very uncomfortable feeling. I live in a very safe area, but should I ever need a gun...I'm kinda screwed.

I've got a big sharp knife, but its just not the same.

Eiffelman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 6, 2009
    Now that is a true act of noble generosity. There aren't very many people in this world who would loan someone else their most valuable.

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Unless you are going to use a gun to earn a living it's the last thing in the world you should be worring over.

Figure out how you are valuable to society or how you are going to make your self valuable enough to society to earn a living.

csm47362

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 95.8%
    23   1   0
    Jun 12, 2009
    New Castle, IN
    I know the feeling. I have been out of work a few times. Several years ago I was out of work for 9 months and I had to sell all of my guns including a Colt Python that my grandpa gave me. It still makes me mad at myself that I did it. But I learned a valuable lesson, live cheap. I am now out of work now, but we are making it just fine, I am even still buying guns. SAVE SAVE SAVE it will start raining one day and you will need that rainy day fund. I went back to the guy about a year later and tried to by it back, but he sold it and now I have no idea where it is.....would love to have it back but don't think that will ever happen........

Top Bottom