I am *begging* you, stop carrying on an empty chamber.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    If someone is looking to just kill another person and has the element of surprise it is near impossible to defend against that.
    A gun is a tool....not a talisman.

Being in the Pharmacy business, my family has had more than our share of guys with guns.

One time, I saw a guy come in the door, pull out his gun, then look around, then put the gun back in his pocket and nonchalantly stroll to the pharmacy counter. I probably had more than 30 seconds to react, although being armed with only a case of Pampers and being 17, I kind of froze.

Another time, my father was working behind the pharmacy counter, turned to get something and turned back to find a guy with a large cocked revolver pointed at his chest.

I could have been carrying "condition butterscotch" (watch the youtube vid) and i still could have gotten the drop, while my father would have had no chance regardless. All you can do is be as prepared as you can be and I guess that means different things to different people. But I've read enough posts from the OP to respect what he says and appreciate it.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2014
    warsaw
    When i carried in my purse i didnt have one chambered because i didnt have my purse on me 24/7. Sometimes id set it down in another room, or in a cabnet or locker and i was paranoid something would happen, and if anybody young and or untrained found a way to snoop in my purse, keeping it unchambered made the paranoia bearable. Once i found a way to conceal it securely on my person it didnt take long for me to listen to my husband's advice to keep one chambered. It helped too that coincidentally we watched several shows or movies, and there were several scenes in dark alleys where the victim would've barely had time to draw a weapon, much less had time, or both hands to chamber a round. It really hit me, and ive been carrying one in the chamber ever since and i dont see any reason not to.

Beau

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Colorado
    When i carried in my purse i didnt have one chambered because i didnt have my purse on me 24/7. Sometimes id set it down in another room, or in a cabnet or locker and i was paranoid something would happen, and if anybody young and or untrained found a way to snoop in my purse, keeping it unchambered made the paranoia bearable. Once i found a way to conceal it securely on my person it didnt take long for me to listen to my husband's advice to keep one chambered. It helped too that coincidentally we watched several shows or movies, and there were several scenes in dark alleys where the victim would've barely had time to draw a weapon, much less had time, or both hands to chamber a round. It really hit me, and ive been carrying one in the chamber ever since and i dont see any reason not to.

Wait, are you saying you used to leave your purse which contained a firearm in locations that could be accessed by other people and you think that is okay because it was unchambered?

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    When i carried in my purse i didnt have one chambered because i didnt have my purse on me 24/7.

keeping it unchambered made the paranoia bearable.

Wait, are you saying you used to leave your purse which contained a firearm in locations that could be accessed by other people and you think that is okay because it was unchambered?
    Yikes.
    I don't even like to leave my personal favorite pen unattended and out of sight.
    Not that it did me much good...it got ripped off anyhooo.

cubbetm

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 10, 2013
    I believe that is what I just read.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    When i carried in my purse i didnt have one chambered because i didnt have my purse on me 24/7. Sometimes id set it down in another room, or in a cabnet or locker and i was paranoid something would happen, and if anybody young and or untrained found a way to snoop in my purse, keeping it unchambered made the paranoia bearable.

Ok, I'm going to fight my first impulse to be snarky because this is important and you seem to be serious. You do see how dangerous that is, don't you?

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2014
    warsaw
    Thats why i stopped. It wasnt effective. Ive learned a lot since then, and im still learning, but ill never carry off my person again. I didnt leave it around random people. I trusted my coworkers not to dig through my purse while i went to the bathroom, those kind of short moments. But any moment its not on me, or by my bed at night dont happen...and its always chambered

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Thats why i stopped. It wasnt effective. Ive learned a lot since then, and im still learning, but ill never carry off my person again. I didnt leave it around random people. I trusted my coworkers not to dig through my purse while i went to the bathroom, those kind of short moments. But any moment its not on me, or by my bed at night dont happen...and its always chambered

I'm still not sure you get it. I would not leave a loaded gun (whether chambered or not) unattended except in the safety of my own home.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2014
    warsaw
    Completely concealed, high in a cabnet that i could lock, around 2 or 3 other coworkers who have all been through extensive background checks, that i would also concider my friends,and nobody knows i have one....i was still uncomfortable going to the bathroom for 2 minutes. that is why i DONT. Im not sure why you think we arent on the same page. I stopped because it was a risky way to carry. We agree on that. There isnt much else to say

Beau

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Colorado
    Completely concealed, high in a cabnet that i could lock, around 2 or 3 other coworkers who have all been through extensive background checks, that i would also concider my friends,and nobody knows i have one....i was still uncomfortable going to the bathroom for 2 minutes. that is why i DONT. Im not sure why you think we arent on the same page. I stopped because it was a risky way to carry. We agree on that. There isnt much else to say

I get it. Wasn't what I thought it was.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom