I’m Painting Ammo Boxes = Zombie Camo FUN!! (From So-Cal)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • linkpimp

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2010
    So-Cal ~ Huntington Beach
    Hey im really digging that... could you give me a price to make me some like that?

Hey thanks sir.. I’m glad you like it..

I have actually quite a few gentlemen from other forums too who also would like to get a few of them too.. The problem is IDK what it / there worth (yet).. I was doing some research and found a guy on Ebay who is selling custom painted ammo cans in (street graffiti) for $100 per can (NO Flippen WAY in hell) IMO.. I just need to come up with a fare price, but sure I’ll be more than happy to sell you a few..

I’m kinda thinking this (please tell me if I’m off base and or what they are worth to you!)..

All four sides painted in color pics = $75.00
    One side color pic and the rest of the sides painted without any bright color contras = $50
    No color pics but everything painted up in cool zombie camo (as I call it) $35.00

Is / does that sound right team?? A little help here is deeply appreciated gentlemen. I need / would love your opinions on what you think a fare price is for these..

Thanks again for your time and lets not for get the important thing here.. (cool) I didn’t screw up..

Those all look great!

Thank you Sir.. I'm glad you like them..

Have a great one and again thanks for stopping by and checking them out..

Link..

You have quite a talent there.

You’re to kind (thank you!).. This is just stuff I do for fun (screwing around between 10:00 pm and 2:00am) ie DAD’s time..

I’m glad you like it thou.. I’ve been practicing up on my free hand.. I’m trying to wing myself of the stencils and I’m working on my next BIG project too.. So I’m glad to here it coming along..

Thanks SIR..

Those are really great. Is this just a hobby or are you and artist? Wish I had your talent. Nice pics and thanks for sharing.

Thank you... I'm glad you like them.. This is just one of my many hobbies.. It's all done in fun.. I'm actually PM in the construction industry and design & build wheelchairs for third world countries.. Here is my website please feel free to check it out. www.wheelchairdesigns.com (I'm very proud of it) and the work I do is priceless.. IMO to me it is.. This is no greater gift than giving the gift of mobility to someone who has never had it.

Anyway sorry I strayed there.. I'm glad you like them..

Thank you for your time and have a great week

Link..

Those really look good, Nice job!!

Thank you sir for stopping by and checking them out.. I'm glad you like them.. How many should I put you down for (hahahaha JK)..

You should seriously ebay those. Not my thing but I can see people climbing over the top of each other to get them.

Actually I just might do that and see what the market is.. Thanks for the GREAT idea..

Have a great one SIR..

Link.

Geez. I was just gonna rattle-can mine black.

Hey everyone got to start somewhere.. AS long as you making forward progrssion than more power to you sir!.. Please dont forget to prep tou.. Sand & prime (CLEAN) than break out the rattle can and go to town..

linkpimp

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2010

Thank you sir.. I'm glad you like it.. I don’t know what the +1 rep means but if it's for doing my best and for being a proper representative of INGO then I’ll gladly take it..

The guns aren't for me but those ammo boxes are pretty sweet.

Thank you SIR. But really it’s ok not to like any of it too.. I’m just some dad having fun with my spare time.. Some like it and some don't, as long as you enjoy the ride then I’m happy and if you happen to like even better for me..

Have a great one Bobby and thanks again for stopping by and checking it out..

Link.

Very Very nice, I like. I wish I had that type of talent. I have to give you a up.

Your too kind.. Thank you.. I glad you like them.. They were fun to do and in general people really do seam to like them.. I wouldn’t necessarily call it talent more of I have had a LOT OF PRACTICE and luckily just make it look easy. I could show you some of my stuff I started out with and you would laugh your *** off.. Yes it was that bad.. luckily I enjoy it and got better over time..

Thanks again for the kind words and I’m glad you like them..

Link.

VERY COOL.

Thanks big guy!.. I’m was shooting for that!.. I’m really glad you like them.. Hopefully I’m inspired at least one person to give it the collage go and see how there stuff turns out..

Thanks again..

Very talented!

I really like it when you post.

COOL... I really like it when you guys like what I post too.. It's a great relationship so fare.. hahahahahaa..

Wait to you see my next project.. LOL.LOL.. It's BAD ***.. flat out and straight up.. it is baddddddd assssssss... (can I say *** without getting in trouble here?) I’m sorry mods if I’ve stepped over the line..

Have a great one Dave and thanks again for the kind words

Link.

Put a cover plate over your receptacle box, please.

OK... I'm sorry about that.. the kids aren’t allowed in the garage so I never worried about it.. But your right it is the responsible thing to do..

Thanks..

Soooo.. Did you like the cans?? Wink!..

I wouldnt do it to a gun either but the cans are sweet!!

Thanks colt.. I'm glad you like it.. I knew if I kept at it long enough I would get something right!.. hahahaha..

Wow. Those cans look amazing! Great job Link.

Thank you Buckstopshere!.. I'm glad / stocked you like them.. So now that you know how to do it are you going to try it on your can's??.. Inquiring minds want to know..

Have a great one Sir and thanks again for the kind words...

Link

The first can reminds me of the SOD logo.

What?? Link please.. Pretty please.. I would love to see it.

Thanks much..

Link..
    Those look great. I wish I had some of your talent. I can barely get drawing a stick figure right.

Thanks you Gunner!.. it's all just practice.. that and well drinking seems to help too.. LOL.. I'm glad you liked them...

have a great one big guy and thanks for checking it out..

Link.

i like the other sides better, the ones that are just black with no color, thats some sweet work

Excellent.. Those are the easy one's.. I can pump out those all day long while under medication hahahahaa.. How many should I put you down for?? I'm thinking $40 per can?...

Very nice work bud

Hey thanks Bull I’m glad to hear you like them…

P.S.
    I just love your avatar!.. he's so cute..(9 months I’m guessing) I remember when my son was that age (last week) now he's 14 (wooow) they grow up so quick.. Enjoy all the time you can with him now.. (Not that you don’t already know that!)..

mk2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    North Carolina
    Thank you sir.. I'm glad you like it.. I don’t know what the +1 rep means but if it's for doing my best and for being a proper representative of INGO then I’ll gladly take it.

That means you got "rep" or "reputation points" from Fenway!

This post from the FAQ explains rep. (INGO has a FAQ? Yep!)

You got some from me, too, but since I haven't been here as long as Fenway and don't have as much rep to my name, it carries more weight when he gives it to you. If you really want to get a lot of rep points, you gotta earn it from Bigum1969; he's the real rep power-house around these parts.

mk2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    North Carolina
    I have actually quite a few gentlemen from other forums too who also would like to get a few of them too.. The problem is IDK what it / there worth (yet).. I was doing some research and found a guy on Ebay who is selling custom painted ammo cans in (street graffiti) for $100 per can (NO Flippen WAY in heck) IMO.. I just need to come up with a fare price, but sure I’ll be more than happy to sell you a few..

I’m kinda thinking this (please tell me if I’m off base and or what they are worth to you!)..

All four sides painted in color pics = $75.00
    One side color pic and the rest of the sides painted without any bright color contras = $50
    No color pics but everything painted up in cool zombie camo (as I call it) $35.00

Is / does that sound right team?? A little help here is deeply appreciated gentlemen. I need / would love your opinions on what you think a fare price is for these.

Well, as much as I hate to say it, those are probably pretty fair prices. And the reason I hate to say it is that I'd have a tough time justifying that kind of expenditure at my current state. Maybe you could have student/LEO/MIL discounts with appropriate ID? :D

I'll keep an eye open for more of your stuff, especially if you start selling. Or even if you say "hey folks, bring me your ammo cans and I'll pimp them out for ya!" (That outta knock $10 off, IMHO... price of the can itself.) I'd definitely be interested in getting one or several once I can afford 'em!

On an unrelated note.. I almost missed this, but FYI, RachelMarie is a lady!

2Arp

Haha

mk2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    North Carolina
    Sweet! Those would have people talking at the range. Nice work.

Ya know what'd be infinitely awesome? If you made some INGO designs :) Those would be excellent to take to the range, too. Might have to check with Fenway before using the INGO name or logo on something you'd be selling, though.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Ya know what'd be infinitely awesome? If you made some INGO designs :) Those would be excellent to take to the range, too. Might have to check with Fenway before using the INGO name or logo on something you'd be selling, though.

I'm not trying to speak for Fenway, but he's already answered that type of question. He's declined in the past, but that's not to say he will continue to do so. Never hurts to ask.

mk2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    North Carolina
    I'm not trying to speak for Fenway, but he's already answered that type of question. He's declined in the past, but that's not to say he will continue to do so. Never hurts to ask.

Yeah, that's what I figured, too. It may be that this is cool enough for Fenway to contract it out or something. Just like he arranges for somebody to manufacture hats/bags/tags/etc with INGO on it at a profit to both INGO and the manufacturer. I'd buy one. I mean, shoot, I've been trying to buy an INGO hat since Christmas, too, but haven't been able to get Fenway to respond to a PM.

linkpimp

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2010
    That means you got "rep" or "reputation points" from Fenway!

This post from the FAQ explains rep. (INGO has a FAQ? Yep!)

You got some from me, too, but since I haven't been here as long as Fenway and don't have as much rep to my name, it carries more weight when he gives it to you. If you really want to get a lot of rep points, you gotta earn it from Bigum1969; he's the real rep power-house around these parts.

Got it.. Thank you so much for the explanation and the link..

Well, as much as I hate to say it, those are probably pretty fair prices. And the reason I hate to say it is that I'd have a tough time justifying that kind of expenditure at my current state. Maybe you could have student/LEO/MIL discounts with appropriate ID?

I'll keep an eye open for more of your stuff, especially if you start selling. Or even if you say "hey folks, bring me your ammo cans and I'll pimp them out for ya!" (That outta knock $10 off, IMHO... price of the can itself.) I'd definitely be interested in getting one or several once I can afford 'em!

On an unrelated note.. I almost missed this, but FYI, RachelMarie is a lady!

Haha

First and foremost.. My deepest apologies to Miss Rachel Marie!! I'm so sorry it wont happen again My BAD.. I’m sorry Rachel..

Well I’m actually / have decided that $60 is a fair price for the color ones and I’m keeping the others at $35.00 I actually had some gentlemen on some other forums buy some already so I’m going to be painting up about 12 cans this weekend..

If anyone needs one please let me know.

Actually if they send me their cans I’ll knock off $15.00 that’s what I pay for them so it’s only fare..

Thank you again so much for the correction and the verification..

Link..

Sweet! Those would have people talking at the range. Nice work.

Thank you sir I’m glad you like them.. I love pulling up at the range and unpacking my stuff.. In general 99% of the time everyone stops by at least once to say hey and check it out.. I love talking / meeting with different people at the range.

Have a great one and thanks again for your time

Link..

Ya know what'd be infinitely awesome? If you made some INGO designs Those would be excellent to take to the range, too. Might have to check with Fenway before using the INGO name or logo on something you'd be selling, though.

I'll pm him but I don’t think there is anyway in hell he's going to let some outsider do it.. at best I might be able to convince him of giving me a shot a our Halloween theme.. Nothing ventured nothing gained.. maybe he'll let me post up a few ideas and see if the teams like them?? hhmmm TBD..

That's awesome.. I've already saved the pic and I'm painting that on a can this weekend.. Thank you!!!!! I’ll post up the results after it’s done..

Thanks again..

Link..

"The ballad of Jimi Hendrix" has always been a favorite of mine.

Great job on the cans!! They look awesome.

Thank you sir.. I'm glad you like them..

Have a great one and thanks again for checking it out.

pretty cool! Nice work

Thanks John I'm glad you like it sir..

Link.

RachelMarie

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2009
    Thanks big guy!.. I’m was shooting for that!.. I’m really glad you like them.. Hopefully I’m inspired at least one person to give it the collage go and see how there stuff turns out..
    Thanks again..

Rachel Marie. Not Big guy. Not guy at all. Just RachelMarie. :popcorn:

Top Bottom