I’m Painting Ammo Boxes = Zombie Camo FUN!! (From So-Cal)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • linkpimp

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2010
    So-Cal ~ Huntington Beach
    Hey guys,
    You guessed it!, it’s me Linkpimp again (with another one of my what did you do now threads) :D This time I’m just screwing around with some ammo box’s.. If your asking yourself (WHY?) then you don't know me do you.. LOL.LOL..

Much like all of my projects this is another first!, I’ve never painted any ammo boxs and you’ve properly never seen a painted ammo box (let alone in Zombie camo) so this should be first for both of us.. LOL…

First off, let me say (looking for an excuse) This is my first project were I went all free hand it was a *****!!! I need to work (practice) on my pistol’s (big time) LOL.LOL… Overall I think it turned out ok… I think I need to add more smoke (I think?). Hey team!, does the color of the helmet look right?? I’m thinking it really needs to be green? Or something else??. Also can you see the netting on the helmet? Does that look ok?? It was my first netting job, anyway I hope you like it, if not, that’s cool too.. Just please tell me why you don't like it so I can luern from my mistakes..

Thank you for your time gentlemen and have a great weekend..

Link..

In the beginning..

IMG_6071.jpg

All primed up:

IMG_6073.jpg

Holly POOP.. here goes nothing.. (wish me luck!)..

IMG_6074.jpg

Working it..

IMG_6075.jpg

IMG_6076.jpg

Last edited:

linkpimp

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2010
    Detailing in the helmet strap (how cool is that!)..

IMG_6079.jpg

Adding the helmet detail

IMG_6082.jpg

Starting the fill…

IMG_6083.jpg

Added in the pistol (Colt .45 - 1911), spent brass and smoke (I think I need to add more smoke?)

IMG_6089.jpg

Page:

The Second on is a favorite of mine and it really helps me work on my fine line detailing.. IMO

IMG_6090.jpg

IMG_6091.jpg

IMG_6092.jpg

IMG_6093.jpg

Then I move on to another can and come up with this.. hahahaaa..

IMG_6122.jpg

linkpimp

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2010
    Then I put them all together and I come up with this.. Not to shabby, I still have a few hours to of fill and detail but it looking cool… Well better than just green ammo box’s (you can give me that!).. LOL.LOL..

IMG_6117.jpg

Let’s not forget about the other sides too.. Tons of hours left but you get the idea of what I’m going for.. Different!..
    10.gif

IMG_6125.jpg

Once again thank you all for your time and again I thank you all for once again allowing this (weird So-Cal) outsider in with the team..

Thanks guys and have a great Sunday..
    wavey1.gif

Link

P.S…
    Please stay tuned or keep an eye out for your next upcoming post.. I’m working on my Salute to the troops and my F-YOU to our current enemies.. I just need to figure out a way as to NOT **** off the entire Muslim community..
    anim_rofl2.gif
    anim_rofl2.gif

OutaAmmo

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2010
    zombie can

Those are really great. Is this just a hobby or are you and artist? Wish I had your talent. Nice pics and thanks for sharing.

Top Bottom