• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • redbarontoys

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 21, 2009
    I would say it depends on the anticipated threat level. If you are dealing with adoring fans that just get a little too close then something nonlethal would be appropriate. In addition I like a 45 such as a compact 1911 in a cross draw shoulder rig for a carry gun. If the threat is expected to be high then anything in the AK family is a good choice. They are rugged, reliable, and lots of tactical options available on the aftermarket.

m2steven

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2009
    I would almost rather be deceased than serve jail time. Defending one's self against lawsuits by victims, your employer should he/she survive, innocent bystanders - I think i'll go with the guy who said he wouldn't take the gig. Generally bodyguarding does not get into gunplay. It usually involves keeping a pathway open and keeping hands off of your charge.

Unless there is a known stalker, I still wouldn't use a weapon. Now that i've got that out of the way, I'm 5'6" and nearly 59 years old. I'm not bodyguarding anyone :). If anything happens, I'm pushing J-Lo in front of the attacker and getting the heck out of there.....

jmo2003bu

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Unless there is a known stalker, I still wouldn't use a weapon. Now that i've got that out of the way, I'm 5'6" and nearly 59 years old. I'm not bodyguarding anyone :). If anything happens, I'm pushing J-Lo in front of the attacker and getting the heck out of there.....[/quote]

Best answer of the whole thread!! I just LOL sitting at my desk!

lowriderjim

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    Huntington
    It would depend on the who what when and where situation. I have seen less arms carried into combat as some recommend.

I like the answers that say they would carry nothing and protect by providing barriers and clearing the VIP from the area. I believe that I would still carry a concealed weapon as a last resort.

This is my opinion but at my age and condition I struggle to figure out how to protect myself.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom