• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jmo2003bu

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Ok...let's say you've been chosen to help protect a celebrity who has come to town. You're going to be dealing with large crowds and constant movement. What type of firearms are you carrying and how are you carrying them?

Benjamin

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 30, 2009
    Columbus, IN
    Me personally, a high capacity 9mm in a shoulder holster with extra mags, a 380ACP on the ancle. That's all for weapons. I would want maybe a 3A kevlar vest with a good stab protection rating. Maybe like a sig 226 or an HK usp for the 9mm and a walther ppk or ppks for the 380ACP.

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Ok...let's say you've been chosen to help protect a celebrity who has come to town. You're going to be dealing with large crowds and constant movement. What type of firearms are you carrying and how are you carrying them?

Something within the parameters of the security firm you are with and in accordance with the security firms that you will be interfacing with. Barring that, retention is my first concern...

mikea46996

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Winamac
    Something within the parameters of the security firm you are with and in accordance with the security firms that you will be interfacing with. Barring that, retention is my first concern...

Hey nobody asked you!!!! Come on your raining on somebodies little fantasy...

Nobody wanted the logical answer...:D

A Bazooka, seven guys running back-up for me a flamethrower and 4 flashbangs!!!!:ar15:

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Hey nobody asked you!!!! Come on your raining on somebodies little fantasy...

Nobody wanted the logical answer...:D

A Bazooka, seven guys running back-up for me a flamethrower and 4 flashbangs!!!!:ar15:

Oh, fantasy? Oh, then I would just bring my krink:

3718145297_bfb5a010a6.jpg

doglb

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   1
    Jul 13, 2009
    Ft. Wayne, IN
    Hypothetically, I wouldnt take the gig! :D
    But how about the XDM/9mm with Shoulder Rig
    LCP Ankle/Pocket

I am using these two just because I own them and they work for me.
    Remington 870 in the Truck!

kirkorner

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 25, 2008
    Clay City, IN
    well hypothetically speaking... I would first of all carry a Glock 27 .40 cal on my ankle to start off with. Next I would say depending on the weather and such, if you are wearing a suit type get up, then a double stack 1911 under the shoulder. if it's just a tshirt, then a 1911 in a IWB holster. (yes i love my 1911) plus a ton of mags...

Jerry D Young

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2009
    Reno, NV
    Para-Ordnance P-14 .45ACP in a shoulder holster with a magazine of conventional .45 ACP plus 2 magazines conventional & 2 magazines of VBR armor piercing on the belt. Offside shoulder rig .45 ACP Micro Uzi submachine gun with VBR armor piercing ammunition in a 16-round magazine and 2 28-round magazines of VBR on the belt, with a Beretta Tomcat .32 ACP in an ankle holster w/2 magazines on the offside ankle.

redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    well hypothetically speaking... I would first of all carry a Glock 27 .40 cal on my ankle to start off with. Next I would say depending on the weather and such, if you are wearing a suit type get up, then a double stack 1911 under the shoulder. if it's just a tshirt, then a 1911 in a IWB holster. (yes i love my 1911) plus a ton of mags...

Your close, whatever it is you need complete compatabillity btwn your primary and you BUG.

I would go with a Olympic Arms 9mm carbine on a single point (uses glock mags), on the hip my glock 19 and my ankle my glock 26.

All three guns take the same glock mags, Show strong, preform stronger!

hotfarmboy1

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Madison County
    Para-Ordnance P-14 .45ACP in a shoulder holster with a magazine of conventional .45 ACP plus 2 magazines conventional & 2 magazines of VBR armor piercing on the belt. Offside shoulder rig .45 ACP Micro Uzi submachine gun with VBR armor piercing ammunition in a 16-round magazine and 2 28-round magazines of VBR on the belt, with a Beretta Tomcat .32 ACP in an ankle holster w/2 magazines on the offside ankle.

I vote for this answer!!! :rockwoot:

m2steven

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2009

I'm probably a big guy and i'm not carrying a firearm. I'm wearing bullet and edge protection. A gun is just going to get you a likely murder charge if you pull it out EVEN if you've been fired upon. You protect your celeb by being in the way of anything flung in his/her way, including bullets.

hotfarmboy1

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Madison County
    I'm probably a big guy and i'm not carrying a firearm. I'm wearing bullet and edge protection. A gun is just going to get you a likely murder charge if you pull it out EVEN if you've been fired upon. You protect your celeb by being in the way of anything flung in his/her way, including bullets.

but without the added stress on the attacker of you shooting back. He can then more likely get a headshot in on you, then your celeb is open to attack and will probably be killed. You should have some sort of gun on you just to give you that extra time to be able to get him/her in the vehicle safely, and more chance of you both making it out alive. I'd rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6....

Jerry D Young

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2009
    Reno, NV
    My presumption was I was LEO assigned to protect the celeb.

If not the case I'd loose the AP and go with regular ball, drop the SMG and have a legal Short Barrelled Shotgun.

firepower.jpg

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom