• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Oppugnall

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 11, 2012
    Greenwood, IN
    No thanks. If I was allowed SBS, I would end up building a couple.. A tromix saiga build and probably a 14" 590a1. So stop trying to spend my money..

In all seriousness, would be uphill battle after all they aren't making suppressors legal with this bill. Just removing the prohibition from us fully using what we were already legal to own. Before these mass shootings I'd say we could have had a chance but I personally dont politicians stepping out in favor of SBS.

One of the several rumors I heard why this failed last year, was that 'someone' didnt want Indiana to see as fringe pro-gun and let bill die via protocols. Dont know if any truth to it, internet heresay..

Oppugnall

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 11, 2012
    Greenwood, IN
    OK I am now lost. Are you saying it will be next January before the bill can be signed and go into effect?

If your refering to post above you. No, he's saying let get Short Barrel Shotguns legalized now. Of all ironies that's the great evil, we still arent allowed in Indiana.

If signed this session, last I heard from last years attempt it will go into DNR regs for 2013 hunting season. Maybe someone else more knowledgable will elaborate on that part..

DaKruiser

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 6, 2010
    Morgan Co.
    OK I am now lost. Are you saying it will be next January before the bill can be signed and go into effect?

This is from Bill of Rights in the 2A sub forum, session ends April 29th, so I figure we have until then to see the Speaker and Presidents signitures. Then if the Governor signs it, it would go into law July 1st.

I'm going from memory here, but the status listings I've seen include:

• In committee - first house
    • Out of committee - first house
    • Passed second reading, ordered engrossed - first house
    • (All of the same above, second house)
    • Passed third reading
    • Returned to house of origin for concurrence
    • Signed by Speaker
    • Signed by President of Senate
    • Signed by Governor
    • Law enacted

I hope that helps!
    Blessings,
    Bill

As to SBS, I think it's possible, we just need to contact our Senators and Representatives to write the bill and introduce it. Then keep at it till its passed!

Britton

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Knoxville
    One of the several rumors I heard why this failed last year, was that 'someone' didnt want Indiana to see as fringe pro-gun and let bill die via protocols. Dont know if any truth to it, internet heresay..

Truth, not heresay!

Dobber

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 7, 2012
    Granger (South Bend)
    If you search on the bill number it says that the committee dissented from the amendments to the bill....I don't think there's enough time to go back and forth again. Admittedly I'm not well versed on the state legislature process so who knows.

-Dobber

DaKruiser

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 6, 2010
    Morgan Co.
    If you search on the bill number it says that the committee dissented from the amendments to the bill....I don't think there's enough time to go back and forth again. Admittedly I'm not well versed on the state legislature process so who knows.

-Dobber

Yea I saw that and now I heard they want to end the session early so it sounds like its dead

Where are you two finding this info? Link please!

Dobber

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 7, 2012
    Granger (South Bend)
    Where are you two finding this info? Link please!

Well now I'm not sure that I reported properly. There's this bill which is the one I cited when I said the Senate dissented on amendments. It seems to contain a good number of law changes.

There's also this bill which was cited by the OP and references suppressors only. It hasn't shown any updates to the action list.

-Dobber

DaKruiser

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 6, 2010
    Morgan Co.
    Thanks both of you, I wouldn't give up on it yet. There's still conference meetings that were scheduled for today and Monday and they've not updated the House schedule for Monday yet.

Top Bottom