• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bersalover

Marksman
    Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Feb 14, 2011
    Anybody else put a list together before they go out and realize there are enough items on there to completely load a vehicle up with?

Speedybruin4

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 7, 2012
    Even with the truck fully loaded, no matter what, it always seems like there is something missing on my list. I don't remember it until I'm up in the treestand, but then I forget to put it on the list for next time.

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    When I bring everythng on the list of what I need I could carry it in my pockets. I still prefer a little extra stuff for my comfort. One thing to remember if 3 mile walk to truck and 15 minute drive to local town is toilet paper. I mean there were leaves around so I did not really need it.

clfergus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    Southeast Indy
    I actually have a plastic tote that I keep in the back of the SUV when season starts.Has misc item like zip ties, different weight gloves in case I misjudge temp that day, xtra windage indicator, xtra field dressing gloves in case someone I am hunting with needs some, xtra flashlight, small machete, xtra scent wicks, trail marker tacks..just to name a few.

Better be safe than sorry in my opinion. The amount of gear I carry to the stand is nominal but I like to have items if I get to my hunting spot and need it.

I have to have my backpack for my PBJ, deer jerky, granola bars, water, small bow repair kit (peep tube, allen wrenches, xtra nock), xtra release in case mine drops from the tree on accident, calls.

gun_nut

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Haubstadt. IN
    I take a day pack with water, rope, fire starting kit, small first aid kit, my lunch, and some dehydrated food. Of course I have the usual hunting stuff like knife, GPS, calls, bottled doe #$#@@.

MRP2003

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Greenwood
    actually never made a list. I will made a few, one for each type of hunt, such as when I hunt 2 hrs away from the house back in PA, one for when I hunt on a reserve hunt, one when I hunt alone, and so on . This way I should have everything covered.

I typically forget something in the beginning of the year but by end of December, I am ready for everything but then there is only a week left of deer hunting.

Top Bottom