• ...and so much more!
  • Edged Tools

Your EDC Knife Dealer
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 16, 2022
    Ft Wayne
    Just curious INGO, what is your go to hunting knife?

Let's make this a picture thread, what knife or knives do you throw in your hunting kit, and what do you use each for?

:popcorn: :ingo:

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Friend gave me a kit knife he did, back in 85.
    Done dozens of deer with it, gave it to a bud a couple yrs ago.
    Had switched to a Jeff White Bush 3. Its done maybe 7 or 8 now. Handle a little too straight and blade a little too big, but it zips through em.
    I shot bows w Jeff way back.
    So its my go to now.
    Did buy a Behring EDC pro. But thats for whenever I do a P&Y buck w my Blackwidow.

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    actually more folders than I expected. I always assume a good fixed blade is preferred. Love the pics though, keep em coming!
    Did not expect to see folders in this thread. I'm at a pub so I can't take a pic, but church mouses wife sent me an incredible fixed blade knife I use when hunting. Being a blacksmith I want to make my own hunting knife but I have a hard time replacing mine bc the respect I have for the churchmouse family.

LtScott14

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Porter County
    I gave my dad a Buck 110 in the early '70's , since he passed in 2001, I have carried it on every hunt. It's almost like he is with me yet

Got me a Buck 110 from 1988. Had to replace the snap on leather case once. Found one on auction for $25, bid and won. It has the new style nylon case, but same blade design and grips. Gave my 1988 model a break and use the New one a bit.
    Good knives.

Steve

Master
    Rating - 100%
    87   0   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Schrade "Uncle Henry". I believe it is a LB 8 model. Got it over 40 years ago when Schrade made great knives. She's got a few bumps and bruises, but don't we all? Still going strong and sharper than an ex-wife's tongue.

1719736565686.jpeg

Here are 2 other Schrade knives (LB 5 and UH 875) that I have carried off an on for way to many years. Skinned many a rabbit and squirrel with that Uncle Henry. There is something about old school pocket knives. Reminds me of simpler times.

1719737262030.jpeg

model1994

quick draw mcgraw
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 17, 2022
    glacial boundary
    I was just in JL Waters and they have quite the selection, especially for Benchmade - said it was the largest in the state. Anyway I handled the Flyway fixed blade model. I think I have found my next hunting knife. The size is exactly what I prefer and it fits the hand so well. I kept from impulse buying it, but after thinking about it a few days that’s on my list before Dove season lol

Anyone here already have one? Thoughts?

Attachments

• IMG_2276.jpeg
      IMG_2276.jpeg
      237.2 KB · Views: 10

Edged Tools

Your EDC Knife Dealer
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 16, 2022
    Ft Wayne
    I was just in JL Waters and they have quite the selection, especially for Benchmade - said it was the largest in the state. Anyway I handled the Flyway fixed blade model. I think I have found my next hunting knife. The size is exactly what I prefer and it fits the hand so well. I kept from impulse buying it, but after thinking about it a few days that’s on my list before Dove season lol

Anyone here already have one? Thoughts?
    I've sold one to a person, and they absolutely loved it.

Top Bottom