• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jclark

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    That sucks!! Lucky for me, I guess. I hunt on father in law's 13 acres.
    I have hunting rights to this land. My decision who hunts and who doesn't.

disengaged

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 16, 2009
    Madison County
    We've not had too much trouble over the years, other than a stolen ladder stand off of our own property (the replacement is chained to the tree).

A couple of years ago a trespasser tried to run my friend off his own land. He came up, "Do you have written permission to hunt this property?" My friend answers, "No, I don't." The trespasser proceeds with something about him trespassing and wanting him to leave. My friend replies, "Well, I don't need written permission because I own it and..." He didn't get much more out before the guy turned and left.

Shadownick

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    Morristown, IN
    I had someone dump like 5 plastic cups and a used bottle of whiskey out in my hunting spot, over a mile away from the road. They were probably camping (while trespassing) and decided to just dump their trash. Right under my stand. Needless to say, I was NOT happy.

jmiller676

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    18 feet up
    I had someone dump like 5 plastic cups and a used bottle of whiskey out in my hunting spot, over a mile away from the road. They were probably camping (while trespassing) and decided to just dump their trash. Right under my stand. Needless to say, I was NOT happy.

Yeah we have people that hunt around us that throw their beer cans in the field as they are walking to their spot, or ours..., and they also dump their ash trays out in a farmers field too and throw cigarette packs out right beside it.

Eddie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    North of Terre Haute
    Hunting woes

I only hunt on my family's land. It is fenced and posted no tresspassing. Over the past few years I have had to deal with:

1. Multiple bird hunters forming a line and tramping through the fields on the opening day of deer season.

2. Road hunters galore. (People firing from a vehicle or from the road.)

3. Illegal dumping, especially of meth lab waste.

4. Two idiots setting up a meth lab out in the woods.

5. Having anything that isn't nailed down stolen and anything that is nailed down pried up and then stolen.

Anymore I pack in and pack out everything I use. I don't leave a ladder stand so much as overnight and I carry my personal weapon and extra mags for self defense as having a muzzleloader wasn't enough gun for running off the meth guys. (Although it did scare the hell out of them.)

If the state would legalize hunting the meth heads and thieves I could probably make a big dent in the problem.

Uconas

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    one time in early bow season i was in this hugh oak tree,and i had a hunter come in and set up a tent right at the base of the tree that i was in. so let him set it up and get in and hunt for a while. as everyone knows went you hunt you have to pee some time,so i let it rain and the pee bottle form ealier.

Bigswin

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2009
    We had some idiots on the adjacent farm to our woods who thought it was a good idea to cut down multiple trees with multiple chain saws on opening day. GRRR. Needless to say, I didn't see any deer.

joshennis84

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 25, 2009
    Bloomington
    A couple years ago I was hunting a piece of property that butted up to another property. There was a monster in there that basically ran the property line, usually on the side I was allowed to hunt. The lady that owned the land found out I was hunting back there and started walking back there every evening and morning. It was later in the season so she could see me if I were there. She'd hang out there forever trying to screw up my hunt. I never gave in or said anything, but I couldn't stand that woman. On top of it, I was bow hunting. It's not like I was firing rounds off at the back of her property or something. I never got a good shot at that deer because of the bow. I should have went out there with a couple revolvers and fired tons of rounds at that deer and get her to leave me alone. Oh well, he's still back there, and I no longer hunt there because of her. Maybe someday she'll move and I'll go back to the property owner to get permission again.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom