• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jmiller676

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    18 feet up
    How may of you have had people use your stand (without permission), walk in on you when you were at your spot first. Anything that has ruined your hunt and frustrated you beyond belief because of people who don't respect another persons property?

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    when i was 11 i had somone try and climb my stand with me in it on our farm. it was pre daylight and i saw a flashlight comming my way. my father was sitting about 200 yds away and saw the same light. the guy went to the stand i was in and tied his gun to the rope and then noticed his gun going up the tree with out him. he wasn't happy i had pulled his gun up but it gave time for dad to get there and let him know he wasn't welcome there then i lowered his gun and he left

Old Syko

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    This is why there is only a chosen few allowed to hunt around here. I've had 2 30-06 slugs go through my shop because of a slob hunter. I've had my garage hit by direct shotgun fire. Neighbors have had dairy cattle shot and bullet holes left in their silos. Another had a tractor shot up. All have had items stolen and had to deal with folks who thought they were intitled to do as they please because they were in the country. Long story short, if you are going to hunt around here you had better have permission from at least one property owner and make sure all others have been notified in advance or it won't turn out well for you.

jmiller676

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    18 feet up
    This is why there is only a chosen few allowed to hunt around here. I've had 2 30-06 slugs go through my shop because of a slob hunter. I've had my garage hit by direct shotgun fire. Neighbors have had dairy cattle shot and bullet holes left in their silos. Another had a tractor shot up. All have had items stolen and had to deal with folks who thought they were intitled to do as they please because they were in the country. Long story short, if you are going to hunt around here you had better have permission from at least one property owner and make sure all others have been notified in advance or it won't turn out well for you.

The problem is the people that disregard the property owner too, we will be in contact with the DNR soon probably for hunter harassment. This isn't the first time it has happened. Just wanted to make sure that this isn't just an ongoing thing because my friends don't have problems like me with people.

hotfarmboy1

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Madison County
    Good thing for me is most people around know who owns our woods, and only a few people have permission to hunt it, one being me. Most others are family. So far haven't had this problem. But do seem to have a problem with dumping again. I really need to set up something to monitor the area to keep an eye out for dumpers.

Indecision

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2009
    Fort Bragg, NC
    That's rediculous. I'm not a hunter, but I thought there was supposed to be some comradarie between outdoorsmen. Anytime I'm doing anything, I show respect to EVERYONE untill i'm disrespected.

jason conley

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    WEST SIDE OF INDY
    Had two tresspassers try to climb over fence twenty feet from brother in law, they were arguing with him until I showed up, they did not see me. When I showed up they no longer outnumbered my brother in law and left. They came back with a back hoe and proceeded to ruin our hunt by running it for hours.

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    It's a shame, really. When we were young and taught to be respectful and thoughtful of nature.
    People go out now just to get one. I don't think anyone taught some of them what it was all about.

IndianasFinest

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 20, 2008
    Salem
    We have been having a ongoing battle this year with the neighboring property owner. So far she has taken 3 of my stand that she claims were on her property (they certainly were not) the County sheriff has been out here 4 times, and the game warden twice. I was in the woods last night, and the ladies boyfriend decided to unload a couple pistol magazines to help me with my hunt. :noway:

Indecision

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2009
    Fort Bragg, NC
    I hope I never have crappy neighbors like that. I live in not the nicest area in the world, but we've never had any problems with any of our actual neighbors.

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    How may of you have had people use your stand (without permission), walk in on you when you were at your spot first. Anything that has ruined your hunt and frustrated you beyond belief because of people who don't respect another persons property?

Tons of times.

If you have something you don't want other people to find or use, don't leave it laying in the woods in public ground. Half the people in the woods would steal it from you on your own private ground or right out of your camp if you weren't there sitting on it.

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    We have been having a ongoing battle this year with the neighboring property owner. So far she has taken 3 of my stand that she claims were on her property (they certainly were not) the County sheriff has been out here 4 times, and the game warden twice. I was in the woods last night, and the ladies boyfriend decided to unload a couple pistol magazines to help me with my hunt. :noway:

Strong fences make good neighbors. Have it surveyed if you don't KNOW the property line. Put up your half of the fence and have the county notify them to put up theirs. Then tell 'em to stay on their side and you stay on yours.

Problem solved.

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    I've been pretty lucky, though I have run off trespassers a few times. What boggled my mind was when I was helping a neighbor evaluate his timber on his own property and he got yelled at by someone in a tree stand whose stand was right on the property line (not on my neighbors property) about how we were not supposed to be making all that noise in the woods during hunting season and how we were ruining his hunt, yadda yadda yadda. I can understand the hunter's frustration, but that's not my neighbor's fault for being on his own property and using it and not knowing the guy was even there. Luckily I have enough land that it's never been an issue...

I did have the quarry next door fir up the big loaders this year while I was out, but I figure it gave me better cover :)

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    I've been pretty lucky, though I have run off trespassers a few times. What boggled my mind was when I was helping a neighbor evaluate his timber on his own property and he got yelled at by someone in a tree stand whose stand was right on the property line (not on my neighbors property) about how we were not supposed to be making all that noise in the woods during hunting season and how we were ruining his hunt, yadda yadda yadda. I can understand the hunter's frustration, but that's not my neighbor's fault for being on his own property and using it and not knowing the guy was even there. Luckily I have enough land that it's never been an issue...

I did have the quarry next door fir up the big loaders this year while I was out, but I figure it gave me better cover :)

I've had the "hunters" on public land next door comment on that nut down the hill who let's his @!#$%^$ kid play with that !@%!@$ 22 pistol all day in his yard on opening day. Funny thing, I couldn't SEE who was shooting down there from any where on public land and I knew EXACTLY where it starts and stops. They didn't even know who they were talking to until I explained the concepts of PUBLIC land and privately own land. I even gave them some friendly directions to help them find their car if they were dissatisfied with their public land hunting expirience.

Kinda rude though, they didn't seem very appreciative.

Top Bottom