• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • theblackhat

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Bremen
    Someone help me out... I've been scouting the web for hunting cabin rentals. My wife and I want to going out hunting for our anniversary (it's in November) and I'd like to get away and rent a cabin.
    Anybody know of some good self-guided/semi-directed hunting cabin rental places I could check out?

All I could find so far was one primitive cabin in southern IN for $1500 for a weekend. Can anyone beat that?

:scratch:

mike trible

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 11, 2009
    Years ago, I would rent a cabin at Lincoln State Park, and hunt the southern part of Hoosier National Forest, ( German Ridge Area). I would think you could find somethimg to rent close to Patoka Lake and hunt that part of the HNF.

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    When I lived in Indiana my Bro would fly in and we would go stay at overlook cabins in shoals and bird hunt at Lost River game farm. I have bird dogs but you can hire a guide with dog cheap. Cabin has a cool view across river valley. There are other places to hunt in that area.

my favorite cabin in General was Vinnies cabins down on the Ohio river. Get the smaller cabin with the love tub on the deck. Nice view of the Ohio river, very secluded. Plenty of hunting along the Ohio and in the State Forest. If you rent from Vinnies ask him for ideas, he hunts.

Jason R. Bruce

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 6, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    The best options (nice, clean, good location) that I know of are already rented out for deer firearm season through 2015.

If you want to get real romantic... go down to Rome and look at the mini-cabins laid out near the boat ramp. A guy named "HAWK" is who you'll want to talk too, he lives about 150 yards East/SouthEast of the Courthouse. Just ask any local and they'll point you his direction. Population, 30? His cabins are nice and cozy, maybe 10'x16' with everything you REALLY need. Those should be the cheapest option around and may still have vacancies this late in the game.

PS: Wear plenty of orange if you're going in those public properties during firearm season. Maybe throw a cow bell around your neck too?

Top Bottom