• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ryknoll3

Master
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    That's a good point although I only hunt with a bow and the other bow hunters that I know are also pro 2a, constitutional carry, and own several firearms.

I also trust they'll use them if the need arises.

There very well could be folks that hunt bow only and own no firearms. I'm thinking specifically about anti gun states like Illinois. May not be worth the hassle for some folks.

Illinois' not as anti as people think and it's pretty easy to get a gun and hunt with guns there. Not as good as Indiana, but not as bad as it's perceived.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    That's a good point although I only hunt with a bow and the other bow hunters that I know are also pro 2a, constitutional carry, and own several firearms.

I also trust they'll use them if the need arises.

There very well could be folks that hunt bow only and own no firearms. I'm thinking specifically about anti gun states like Illinois. May not be worth the hassle for some folks.

Around here those types are usually called felons ;)

traderdan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Martinsville
    I am not a hunter but I fully support the right of others to hunt. However, there is a big difference between a professional soldier and a guy with a turkey gun.

That said, the Chinese are paper tigers til proven otherwise. They haven't fought a war well beyond their own borders in centuries. The U.S. Military would monkeystomp them before they ever got close to our borders.

A professional soldier and an experienced turkey hunter in the woods?That professional soldier better be very good and patient....or he is toast!

gunowner930

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2010
    A professional soldier and an experienced turkey hunter in the woods?That professional soldier better be very good and patient....or he is toast!

And that that turkey hunter better realize than gunfighting is a little different than shooting a bird.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 3, 2008
    central indiana
    this has been around so many years the numbers are off..
    but it does make one think..

even if China's population is 200 times ours.. do you know what would happen if just 10% of china's people got weapons? civil war..
    they would suddenly have to power to make changes inside china..

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Eh, I shot a Hoyt Rambo when the movie came out. It was an 80# model that had been shimmed to go 98#. Hoyts were tough, but not speed demons, even if it was regular Gamegetter/Prohunter 55% letoff.

I didn't pack plastic explosives into Razorback safey shields either.

Nothing blew up, and there wasn't that cool SHWACK/ZIIIIIP combo sound.

Just a heavy compound that made me go to bed as soon as I got home, after shooting it all day.

Top Bottom