• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jsx1043

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    Napghanistan
    When I first read the article, I could have sworn it was a media campaign for the new Planet of the Apes movie coming out. I'm still not convinced it's not. Read the comments at the bottom. 3 out of 4 siding with the lab? Sounds like a plant to me.

And I want gorilla strength....

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    I can see some potential benefits to this. Organ transplants come to mind immediately. They're already using stem cells and gene therapy in order to have pig to human organ transplants. This is just another step in the research. Actually creating a chimera would require a lot more sophistication and research than this lab is likely to be researching. Bioengineering is in its infancy and this is just one step on a much longer path. Imagine being able to get compatible blood for transfusions from safe sources such as cows. Blood by the gallon, rather than getting it from volunteers by the pint. There's a lot that can be done with this science to better humanity and the medical sciences, as long as the ignorant and politicians are kept away.

Phil502

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    NW Indiana
    What's the worst that could happen?

the-island-of-dr-moreau.jpg

:): thats what I was thinking.

jsx1043

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    Napghanistan
    Never saw that one. Upon googling, I found the movie was an apparent travesty against the original HG Wells book. What is that thing next to Brando?

joslar15

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Bloomington
    I can see some potential benefits to this. Organ transplants come to mind immediately. They're already using stem cells and gene therapy in order to have pig to human organ transplants. This is just another step in the research. Actually creating a chimera would require a lot more sophistication and research than this lab is likely to be researching. Bioengineering is in its infancy and this is just one step on a much longer path. Imagine being able to get compatible blood for transfusions from safe sources such as cows. Blood by the gallon, rather than getting it from volunteers by the pint. There's a lot that can be done with this science to better humanity and the medical sciences, as long as the ignorant and politicians are kept away.

Perhaps, if betterment of humanity is measured by curing of illness or increasing lifespan.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Perhaps, if betterment of humanity is measured by curing of illness or increasing lifespan.

Just think, we could keep tom cruise alive indefinitely cranking out horrible movies while waiting for the space ship to arrive.

amy winehouse would still be with us, the list goes on and on.

Phil502

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    NW Indiana
    Never saw that one. Upon googling, I found the movie was an apparent travesty against the original HG Wells book. What is that thing next to Brando?

Heck if I can remember, that movie had all kinds of human mix freaks in it.

On another note, that reminds me to look for "One Eyed Jacks" I haven't seen that one in a long time. One of my favorite Brando movies.

PwrCruz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 22, 2009
    Westside Indy
    Heck if I can remember, that movie had all kinds of human mix freaks in it.

On another note, that reminds me to look for "One Eyed Jacks" I haven't seen that one in a long time. One of my favorite Brando movies.

Think it is the Island of Dr. Morrow or some thing close to that.

Top Bottom