• ...and so much more!
  • Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    I wasn't talking about hate crimes, I was talking about public sentiment. Right now in popular culture muslims are one of the ethic or racial groups that it's generally acceptable to denigrate, and we have folks on this site who do so frequently, and very few people, if any, who stand up and say anything about it. How many people on this site would, if all muslims were to be declared to be enemies of the state, stand up and say "wait a minute. They are Americans too." Darn few. Some would, but not many.

Which is exactly how people end up in concentration camps, because even though the average person may not have that kind of hatred, they also don't have a lot of inner conviction to stand up and say "that's wrong, I don't agree with this." especially when publicly speaking out gets you tarred with the same brush as a "sympathizer."

And the who is really unimportant, what is important is that the government be able to shape that sentiment at the time they decide they want to do something about it, or to be seen doing something about it. And for that they do not need to practice rolling out the barbed wire and coordinating the police.

I see your point, but I disagree with you. I honestly don't believe that we, as a people, will ever again round up members of an ethnic group of any sort based on their nationality or religion - not even Christians (although we are the _most likely_ group to be rounded up, IMO).

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    I see your point, but I disagree with you. I honestly don't believe that we, as a people, will ever again round up members of an ethnic group of any sort based on their nationality or religion - not even Christians (although we are the _most likely_ group to be rounded up, IMO).

I hope you are right, but I have a much more pessimistic view of human nature.

My grandfather was a tank commander in WWII and his battalion, the 750th, was part of the liberation of the concentration camp, Nordhausen, among other campaigns. I grew up seeing his scrapbook of pictures he took in the camp, though it wasn't until much later in life I heard about his experiences when my grandmother got him to talk about it on tape.

Another close relative married a man of Japanese descent who had been interned in one of the concentration camps in Arizona who told stories of how he lost his business and had to sell his house for a fraction of its worth, because none of his neighbors would buy it from him, or patronize his store.

These are among the things that shape my morals regarding not speaking out against such things, even when I am not one of the targeted group. And given my first hand witnessing of what goes on at places like MUTC, Rambone's concerns there are especially laughable.

Lead Head

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2011
    Northeast Indiana
    MOCK drills with Federal, public and private agencies and companies are not new. They are now high level and if for a second someone thinks it is totally innocent, then your BB gun is also a good SHTF weapon. Overall it's good but it could be used against, not for.

On the light side, FEMA and other rescue agencies are good. On the dark side, the military could be used for any purpose regardless of an oath. It comes down to choice.

Kent State might be an old subject and during different times but it did happen.

Look around the world at other governments and their military. Why are we different ? I would like to think because our men and women of the US military truly believe they are protecting us and will continue to do so regardless of contradicting orders.

Trust but verify !

Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County
    He was making a joke about being brainwashed while he was there.

Our government doesn't need to practice disaster response to make our own concentration camps, it happened quite efficiently in the examples you provided, and in each time with complicity of the communities where the "undesirables" lived. They won't come rounding us up and putting us in cattle cars, they'll convince the sheep that a certain group is a threat and let the neighbors turn them in or burn them out. The muslin hatred present in this site proves that right there.

Next decade it'll be some other witch we're burning, and all the time feel smugly justified doing so. <ETA: I predict the Chinese will be the next demons>

THAT is what worries me, not martial law during some disaster.

Hmmm..witch, you said? More great musical commentary...

[ame]http://youtu.be/_MWzDKE4zbY[/ame]

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    WOW I didnt know about that one, guess the history books left that one out for some reason.

Im with you on that one. I mean what purpose would they need to lock down a town for? Lock down means trying to keep people in and not out.

Your school should be de-certified. That's mid-level (I wont call it basic) American History

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    MOCK drills with Federal, public and private agencies and companies are not new. They are now high level and if for a second someone thinks it is totally innocent, then your BB gun is also a good SHTF weapon. Overall it's good but it could be used against, not for.

On the light side, FEMA and other rescue agencies are good. On the dark side, the military could be used for any purpose regardless of an oath. It comes down to choice.

Kent State might be an old subject and during different times but it did happen.

Look around the world at other governments and their military. Why are we different ? I would like to think because our men and women of the US military truly believe they are protecting us and will continue to do so regardless of contradicting orders.

Trust but verify !

Since you bring up Kent State, do you think those green National Guard troops fired on that crowd for no reason, or do you suppose they might have been provoked?

I've said this before, but there are a number of differences between the National Guard today and what showed up for duty at Kent State, not least of which is the fact that most of the folks who would show up today have been in a combat zone and many have had crowd control experience. Leadership at the unit level tends to be much better than it was forty years ago (can't always say the same for Battalion/Brigade level officers), and they are the folks who would be expected to keep their troops on a leash.

On the other hand, IIRC there were folks in the Kent State demonstration throwing rocks and bottles at the troops. They weren't the ones in the front row - professional agitators seldom are.

beararms1776

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    INGO
    7,000 FEMA, the Army, Dept of Defense, and local police all merged to practice the Federalized response to a 'worst-case scenario.'

This way local police can get used to taking orders from the Feds and the soldiers can be conditioned to working on & amongst the civilian population.

7,000 service members practice for worst-case scenario
    They're just gearing up and practicing for when the zombies attack.

Destro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 10, 2011
    The Khyber Pass
    Not to be a complete idiot, but isn't the national guard for each state an emergency militia which can be called upon by the governor to perform policing/aid related tasks chiefly because they aren't regular army? I understand that the difference between NG and the federal armed forces has narrowed somewhat, but it seems like the fight needs to be about separating those two groups and letting the various National Guard groups train where they may so that states can coordinate as they please while the Federal troops focus on dealing with foreign threats.

These kinds of training sessions need to happen: they just need to be made up of National Guard and state-based emergency management teams rather than "Fedzilla".

I believe the Indiana Guard Reserve is for filling that gap

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    I believe the Indiana Guard Reserve is for filling that gap

The IGR isn't the vehicle to be involved in assuming primary responsibility for operations during a disaster. Its personnel are mostly retirees and not physically fit enough to undertake the assignments that would be given to the National Guard.

The purpose of these exercises, as much as anything else, is to give those whose duty it would be to respond to a major disaster emergency the opportunity to meet their counterparts and get a feel for how they operate, what their strengths and weaknesses are, and figure out how to identify and work around the problems involved when disparate resources need to work together for a common goal.

Indianapolis has been fortunate in that the number of major special events that occur here has given those charged with responding to disasters a working knowledge of what resources are available locally, and the positioning of the Urban Search & Rescue Task Force has ensured that there are personnel in place who understand the role of the federal government in disaster response and who know what it takes to get those resources headed our way, if necessary. Not all jurisdictions are so fortunate, and since the military is usually not involved in local disasters, its useful for the military structure tasked with the responsibility to oversee and direct a national military response to a disaster to have a good idea what it will be like to work with local governments. Just as your own firearm can be taken away and turned on you, this support structure could be used against us, but it's not part of a "plan".

lrahm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2011
    Newburgh
    As I was saying, the conditioning of local and Federal troops has been highly effective.

I've been to several training classes from FEMA. I don't really think that there is a whole lot to worry about. Getting ready to go again next month.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    In Jan. 2010, President Obama signed an Executive Order to establish a "Council of Governors" to oversee the 10 FEMA Regions. These unelected overlords will subvert remaining state sovereignty and will help to solidify the "partnership" between the Feds and local law enforcers.

I guess if under the right crisis, these federalized troops could be serving the will of the "Governor" of FEMA Region 5 (yet to be named).

Keep practicing guys!

President Obama Signs Executive Order Establishing Council of Governors | The White House
    The President today signed an Executive Order (attached) establishing a Council of Governors to strengthen further the partnership between the Federal Government and State Governments to protect our Nation against all types of hazards. When appointed, the Council will be reviewing such matters as involving the National Guard of the various States; homeland defense; civil support; synchronization and integration of State and Federal military activities in the United States; and other matters of mutual interest pertaining to National Guard, homeland defense, and civil support activities.
    fema-regions-map.jpg

H.R. 645 National Emergency Centers Establishment Act
    (b) Purpose of National Emergency Centers- The purpose of a national emergency center shall be to use existing infrastructure--

(1) to provide temporary housing, medical, and humanitarian assistance to individuals and families dislocated due to an emergency or major disaster;

(2) to provide centralized locations for the purposes of training and ensuring the coordination of Federal, State, and local first responders;

(3) to provide centralized locations to improve the coordination of preparedness, response, and recovery efforts of government, private, and not-for-profit entities and faith-based organizations; and

(4) to meet other appropriate needs, as determined by the Secretary of Homeland Security.

lrahm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2011
    Newburgh
    I've attended one of the classes and getting ready to go back for another (maybe two). They are far from threatening our general form of life. They supply classes for police, fire and EMS services.

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    I've attended one of the classes and getting ready to go back for another (maybe two). They are far from threatening our general form of life. They supply classes for police, fire and EMS services.

Don't let facts get in the way of a good anti government rant!

I've helped develop and teach some of those class curriculae, but in Rambone's eyes I've just been brainwashed :D

This explains why there's razor wire in the 3 day pack list for SAR folks.

lrahm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2011
    Newburgh
    Don't let facts get in the way of a good anti government rant!

I've helped develop and teach some of those class curriculae, but in Rambone's eyes I've just been brainwashed :D

This explains why there's razor wire in the 3 day pack list for SAR folks.

They are excellent classes for all types of services. Can't wait to go back.

Top Bottom