• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Trooper

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    A huge problem though, would be if firearms insurance became common place it would become much easier to sue somebody for using a firearm in a self-defense situation. If a criminal can sue for breaking a leg while robbing your home, I'm sure the family could sue if you shot him in self-defense.

It is basically the same situation that an LEO deals with. If a cop does a righteous shooting, he still gets sued. And the taxpayers pay as they provide the insurance.

It is the same with making everyone who gets into a shooting incident go through a grand jury hearing. That was make it like the cops have to do with a shooting review board.

Sainte

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2013
    I would not mind it, especially if it would pay for legal costs if I have to go to court to prove that it was a righteous shooting.

Wonder if the NRA could provide it at a reasonable cost?

And as part of that insurance policy, you have to list all guns you own....

Imagine if you shoot someone with an uninsured, unregistered gun.

Hayseed_40

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    Strongbadia
    To me it is not about the pros/cons of having the insurance - it is the fact the government would mandate the insurance. That is the ass chapping substance there.

beararms1776

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    INGO
    To make this fair and to be eligible for required coverage, you must agree to no more than 1 shot fired and must be a rubberized bullet or blanks.

Top Bottom