• Status
    Not open for further replies.

cyprant

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Dec 13, 2011
    North Georgia
    Personally I wouldnt engrave the gun it self. The 1911 has grip panels that can be replaced. I would really consider getting a pair made up with what ever message you want. This would also be a ton cheaper to do. There are w couple guys here who do this type of work.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Personally I wouldnt engrave the gun it self. The 1911 has grip panels that can be replaced. I would really consider getting a pair made up with what ever message you want. This would also be a ton cheaper to do. There are w couple guys here who do this type of work.

:+1:

He could even remove the grip panels and leave them in the safe and use other ones for the range to protect them. :dunno:

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    :+1:

He could even remove the grip panels and leave them in the safe and use other ones for the range to protect them. :dunno:

Great ideas on the grips. Always better to get something that can be safely kept then a firearm that cannot be used or run properly.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    Congrats on the upcoming wedding. The Colt 1911 is an iconic firearm. That said, I'd get him talking about it and try to determine if he wants the Colt brand specifically or just a nice 1911. Get as much info as you can. The more details you can provide, but the better and more directed the advice will be.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom