• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Does how you OC determine the response you get?

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

squisher

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    I think the type of gun, and how you are carrying it, may have an effect on the response from folks around you. Sometimes just because some guns or carry methods may be more likely than others to be noticed in the first place.

For example, my Beretta 92FS in it's Serpa holster is somewhat more noticeable than it is in the Uncle Mike's IWB tucked into my pants.

Other than that, I don't know if most self defense guns would be received differently or not.

Ok, I know I'm late to the party, but:

I think after they get over the "shock" of a gun being present your demeanor means more than the presence of the tool.

A big stainless 92 (well, mine's stainless anyway) tends to get peoples' attention I've found, but I've also found that since you don't act shady they typically leave you alone about it.

Honestly I'd rather the wolf see my teeth -- less likely to need to use 'em that way. Surprise is an offensive tactic IMO.

But OC vs.CC?

Don't care, just carry :ingo:

Last edited:

2ADMNLOVER

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    West side Indy
    The only time I hate to see a person OC is if they do it in an inappropriate manner , for example ,

last summer I was at a local gas station and watched a guy in front of me who appeared to be in his early twenties , not wearing a shirt and had a pistol tucked in a "premy" diaper in the back of his baggy "OG" pants .

I assumed that since cops frequent this store he had a LTCH , and didn't bother talking to him .

I carry CC because if I'm ever in a place when the SHTF , I don't want the BG's to know I'm armed unless I decide to let them know .

USMC_0311

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 30, 2008
    Anderson
    Yes. I've been in the same Cabelas as other members here on the same day, within minutes of each other.

I was dressed in Khaki's and a plain black tshirt. No one said a word. The other member was wearing jeans and a tshirt with screening on it. He was asked to conceal or leave.

I suggest that ANYONE just starting out OC'ing dress VERY well until they get comfortable OC'ing. Then they can revert to what they normally wear.

When I wear Khaki's/ 5-11's I never even get a sideways look. When I dress in jeans/shorts and a tshirt with a design on it I do get a lot of double takes.

Attitude also has something to do with it as well.

People make assumptions based on many things. The presence of a gun is low on that perception IMO.

Right or wrong, that's the way it is.

Its not everyday I agree with Prometheus but I think your attire and attitude play bigger roles then what type of weapon or how its carried. With the exception of the "mexican carry".

Top Bottom