how was the crowd and prices of the 1500?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • VN Vet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I went for being at the scene and to meet interesting people. I was not dissapointed. Yesterday could end up being a historic day plus I did meet interesting people. I had a good time.

Imagine 2014 with no Gun Shows. It could happen given Obama is blooming into his true colors. We will see more of his colors as his 2nd term progresses. There are some in congress that want that man be given a 3rd and 4th administration. Imagine that.

jjordan2840

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2012
    lafayette
    We got there before the doors opened. The line was clear around the building. Didn't figure we could even make it in before we needed to leave. Browsed the sellers in line and called it a day.

jeager361

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    I just got back from spending the day at the show. I got there right before 8am and the line was wrapped nearly one lap around the building. However, it only took me 45 minutes to get into the show. I don't think the deals were overly great. My father-in-law was able to get a decent price on a couple of pistols. If you are looking for complete ARs, then forget about it. They are all astronomical.

All in all, I got out of it what I expected. A long day of fighting a huge crowd and only walked away with a couple of things.

I am really hoping that the frenzy dies down for the next time around.

LarryC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Frankfort
    I just got back from spending the day at the show. I got there right before 8am and the line was wrapped nearly one lap around the building. However, it only took me 45 minutes to get into the show. I don't think the deals were overly great. My father-in-law was able to get a decent price on a couple of pistols. If you are looking for complete ARs, then forget about it. They are all astronomical.

All in all, I got out of it what I expected. A long day of fighting a huge crowd and only walked away with a couple of things.

I am really hoping that the frenzy dies down for the next time around.
    My son and I decided to go a little later today (Saturday) thinking the line might be a little shorter by 10:30 or so. Guess it didn't help, had a line of cars waiting to get in. Finally got in and found a parking spot near the exit to the fairground. Waited for the shuttle bus, got in line about 11:00 took about 45 ~ 50 min to get in. In my opinion 99.9% of the prices I looked at (ammo, Ar parts, misc., reloading supplies and firearms) were as high or higher than I can buy on the internet (including shipping). The selection was also pretty limited- at least on the items I & my son were interested in buying. I bought a tube of gun grease and a couple of polish sausage's for my son and I. I believe that is the least I have ever spent (by at least $100) at any GS I have attended in the last 10 years.

LANShark42

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Evansville
    I went for being at the scene and to meet interesting people. I was not dissapointed. Yesterday could end up being a historic day plus I did meet interesting people. I had a good time.

Imagine 2014 with no Gun Shows. It could happen given Obama is blooming into his true colors. We will see more of his colors as his 2nd term progresses. There are some in congress that want that man be given a 3rd and 4th administration. Imagine that.

Michelle Obama will be a formidable candidate in the 2016 and 2020 elections.

dbishop728

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 4, 2012
    Lafayette, Indiana
    The crowd was fine except for the losers trying to sell they ARs for $2600 when you could buy one inside for just over a $1000. I got a good deal on a flattop upper. Pmag were going for $30 to $40. The wait to get in for me was about 45 minutes.

Top Bottom