• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SigFan07

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2013
    Indiana
    Are Indiana Bass (around Raccoon Lake) in pre-spawn, spawn or post-spawn?

Also, can you catch Bass in a lake or pond when it's flooded and the water level is higher than normal because of rains? Raccoon Lake is still flooded/high.

phred

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Columbus
    Since I'm using 10 lb braid and 8lb mono, would a fluorocarbon line help me much and make a significant difference? I bought some 10 lb fluoro (Spider Wire) last night. It's my first time owning fluoro. I was reading how fluoro is nearly invisible to fish but also it's hard to find the right knot to use.

I have been using my 10 lb braid with 10 lb mono leader. Frankly, I wouldn't ind ditching the leader and only use the 10 lb braid. Would I be significantly at a disadvantage if I only used braid and not fluoro?

I wouldn't use anything more than 8 lb flouro on a spinning reel, you will get super line twist. I have used a flouro leader on my spinning rods before, but now I'm using braid only.

SigFan07

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2013
    Indiana
    I was only using the 10 lb fluoro and mono for a leader connected to my braid line.

Is it OK to use lock snaps on lures like Rapala lures? I'm finding I want to use more of my lures in my tackle box but that means tying knots over and over. I want to tie a duo lock snap to the end of my leader and hook that to the lure. Will that allow most crank baits to function normally or cause any problems?

I went back to Raccoon Lake on Monday. I saw fish jump but I didn't get one bite.

Top Bottom