• ...and so much more!
  • HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    How to tell if you're an ammunition hoarder:

- If someone mentions going plinking for the fun of it, you respond: "no one uses that kind of language in my house!"

- There's more lead in you house than in three Chinese shipping containers filled with toys.

- You believe that the term “assault rifle” refers to what the firing pin does to all those nice, pristine primers.

- The last time you shot your 9mm, you were just starting to break open your war surplus ammo supply.....World War I, that is.

- You have ammunition for guns you do not own, have never owned and never intend to own.

- Your entire 401(k) is in .22LR.

- Your "ammo closet" used to be a 2 1/2 car garage.

- You get Christmas and birthday cards from both Winchester and Remington-UMC.

- You refer to your local gun store as "my dealer" and a box of 5.56 as your "fix".

- You quit your job because it interfered with your precious "line time" at WalMart and Gander Mountain.

- You refer to Joyce Hornady as "The Almighty."

- You saw a video of an M-134 Minigun operating.....and lapsed into a coma for 2 days.

- You've worn out 6 reloading presses...and no barrels.

- You believe everyone should have the right to 30 round magazines.....because they stack really well on the shelf.

- You know that all those brass tubes with pointy copper colored ends are used for something....but you can’t remember what.

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    Hoarder

If you really don't give a hoot-in-hell what happens to ammo prices because you know you'll never have to buy more......you might be a hoarder!

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    If you really don't give a hoot-in-hell what happens to ammo prices because you know you'll never have to buy more......you might be a hoarder!
    If you can afford that much in the first place you probably didn't have to worry about pricing anyways.

Redtbird

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Apr 18, 2012
    Monroe County
    My cousin walked into a bank in her town and set a fairly large bag of quarters on the counter.

The teller looked into the bag and asked, "Did you hoard all these quarters by yourself?"

She replied, "Nope. My sister hoard half of them!"

Oh! Sorry. We're talking about a different kind of hoarding, aren't we? Oops!:D

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    If you believe the media, then anyone with more than 10 rounds of ammo in their house is an ammo hoarder and a threat to society. :)

I like the OP's version much better. Good stuff. Thanks for sharing. :yesway:

Sgtusmc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    indiana
    In 6 months I've shot 20 rounds of .22 and have bought maybe 100 total between 9 and 22. I'm hoarding what little I have until I can walk into Wally World and see what I need on the shelf again.

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    My cousin walked into a bank in her town and set a fairly large bag of quarters on the counter.

The teller looked into the bag and asked, "Did you hoard all these quarters by yourself?"

She replied, "Nope. My sister hoard half of them!"

Oh! Sorry. We're talking about a different kind of hoarding, aren't we? Oops!:D

I must spread rep around before repping redtbird again. :laugh:

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    LOL. Thats pretty goodstuff OP.

@Bogwalker: Its none of your business what people do with their own property.
    I think it's bad for the community, but I'm sorry; I guess I didn't see the board rule that said I couldn't have a non-majority opinion. You act like I've personally insulted you. Not like I said it was bad to stockpile. Big difference in shooting it eventually, and planning on literally never shooting it. Why somebody would buy it in that case though is beyond me, but it happens.

Sgtusmc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    indiana
    My personal opinion is this. As much as I would love to have mucho grande ammo, if I can't carry my supply on my person or spread load it or carry it in a vehicle, then I spent too much on ammo. That's to say, if a bad situation necessitates movement.

If ammo was on the shelves at decent prices then yes, I'd probably be stocking more because I'd be shooting more. As it stands though, I'm just above the bugout quantity line so I'm shooting very little until the supply/demand paradigm shifts.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    - You've been known to mutter "amateurs" as you drive past a National Guard Armory.

- Walmart employees line up outside your house.

- You always make sure to clear your internet browsing history so your wife doesn't know how much time you spend ogling ammo on MidwayUSA.com.

- You love the smell of gunpowder...you think....from what you remember.

- You refer to your ammo stash as "My Precious", and you've never even heard of "Lord of the Rings."

- CCI is thinking of naming a building after you.

- The last time you picked a color to paint your living room, you couldn't decide between "Winchester White Box" and "Golden Sabre".

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    I burned up a box of Winchester subsonic the other day trying to get my stubborn "squirrel ninja" suppressed 10/22 to behave, and I actually felt guilty. This Scheitzen has got to stop. Besides, I'm under 2k in total .22 now. That sux.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    - You haven't seen any of your guns in 7 months because they're buried under your ammo.

- Whenever you hear a news story about some criminal's "arsenal", you summon your best 'Crocodile Dundee' impression and say: "that's not an arsenal, this is an arsenal"

- You've actually thought that since it's cracked, maybe the Liberty Bell would be most useful if melted down and made into cases.

- You're the guy at the range who yells: "bang" a lot 'cause you want to hang out, but can't stand to dip into your stash.

- You're in favor of using Predator drones, but only if it means the grounds troops use less ammo.

- You view Hickok45 as the Dr. Moriarty to your Sherlock Holmes.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    You know you're a hoarder when you can sit back and laugh at those who shed all notion of conservatism as they bash the prepared and burn gallon after gallon of gas in search of ammo. Oh, and we don't have ammo apps on our phones.

Top Bottom