• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • INMIline

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 17, 2009
    Indiana/Michigan line
    I have an idea. If all pet owners were required to pay a $100 a year tax to keep a unfixed pet. Then they would be more open to fixing their pet.
    Any good breeder would be willing to pay the tax in order to keep breeding.

I know their will be arguments about paying a tax, but it would help with back yard breeding, strays, and we'd see more quality bred pets.

:twocents:

mikea46996

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Winamac
    I have to disagree with you...

We don't need more laws!!!!!!!
    We sure as hell don't need more taxes!!!!!
    You may say well it doesn't effect me, but it will, just like the new cig tax once we all quit smoking where will those tax dollars come from? Yep you guessed it they will find somewhere else to get it. Maybe a fat tax, or a tax on sugar.

We need people to take responsibility.

New taxes and laws are not a good way of doing things. How about a kid tax maybe that will stop the millions on welfare from breeding and getting more of my taxes.

Turtle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 8, 2008
    INDY
    Great lets tax things we are against just like the government. Your no better than they are to even post such a thing. :xmad:

Bubbajms

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Sep 3, 2008
    Delphi, IN
    But think of the JOBS! How many people could get paid to run around, checking to see if animals are neutered or not!!

Honestly, though, while taxing people for their pets is a thought, it wouldn't work out. When the taxman comes, people would just dump the animals, creating even more heartbreak.. I <3 my animals, and every one I've ever had has been spayed or neutered..

Stainer

Master
    Rating - 97.1%
    33   1   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    God's Country
    I have a dog that came from a stray doing the deed with a full breed Lab, the people just wanted to get rid of the puppies so I got him for free. He is the best puppy ever. Although I think something like that might work, it would cost way too much money. No Thanks.

-1 to that idea. sry

jennybird

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Martinsville, IN
    How to put the Humane society out of buisness
    How about everyone marches down to the Humane society, adopts a dog or cat, takes it home, loves it, feeds it, cares for it, and gives it companionship.

Stop buying from breeders unless you plan to breed yourself. (Wait, did that come out right?)

mikea46996

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Winamac
    How about everyone marches down to the Humane society, adopts a dog or cat, takes it home, loves it, feeds it, cares for it, and gives it companionship.

Stop buying from breeders unless you plan to breed yourself. (Wait, did that come out right?)

I was thinking I may breed one day does that mean I can't adopt a pet??

I am confused by your statement.

Is this another Polishing the monkey thing??

savageayape

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 29, 2009
    Martinsville
    I would love to adopt a dog or cat, but I can't keep one at my store and if I kept one at my property in Spencer, I'm sure the coyotes would eat them.

I always thought I would "breed" myself, but I can't find a conservative woman willing to have me. :dunno:

Last edited:

Arm America

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2009
    West of Greenwood
    NO ADDITIONAL TAXES

I FOR ONE AM SICK OF TAXES

WE ARE BEING TAXED TO DEATH

MY CHILDREN ARE BEING TAXED AND THEY ARE STILL IN MIDDLE SCHOOL

"THEIR" KIDS WILL BEAR THE BURDEN OF OUR GOVERNMENTS OUT OF CONTROL SPENDING.

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH

IT HAS TO STOP

INMIline

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 17, 2009
    Indiana/Michigan line
    I stand corrected. More taxes is a bad idea. I just left the humane society in Elkhart, looking for a small dog for my nephew. It is just so over crowded right now. But I called back about one we found and asked why so many. She said because of the economy people are bringing in their pets because they can't afford them. Sad times.

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    Terre Haute
    Good idea, bad application. Instead of messing with the pets, I prefer to euthanize bad pet owners. I know, not practical, and not very Christian or forgiving. Hey, it's my head and I live there...:D.

Dr Falken

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2008
    Bloomington
    Just to clarify, there are a couple types of Humane Societies, and I for one support (in general) the work of our Monroe County Humane Society. On the other hand, I do not feel kindly to the organization known as The Humane Society Of The United States. They are on the order of PETA in my mind. I like animals and feel that they should be well treated, but I think that this group goes overboard. I believe them to be anti-hunting as well. So, which Humane Society is being talked about?

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I say we make everyone pay a tax on the air they breath and for evey mile they drive. How about every step they take. :rolleyes:

You trying to stir a pot or what?

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA

isn't that the slippery slope that Michael Vick went down :D

Top Bottom