• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • straittactical

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   1
    Dec 16, 2008
    I have been interested in investing but i dont know how to go about it. You may have seen my post on here about the 401k. I got it started a few months ago. but is that the only thing to do i would like to see the money change or have the investment in my posession. what are some other ways to invest and have more power over it. instead of relying on a statment telling me what it got or if I am going to get screwed out of my 401k when i get older.
    Is now a good time to invest in silver and gold ? which is better

MadBomber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Brownsburg
    Forget Gold and Silver.

Invest in Lead.

When the economy collapses, you won't be able to eat your Gold and Silver horde. But, with Lead you can eat till you burst. You'll just have to exchange it 62 grns (or 55, 115, 230, 185, etc) at a time for the meal. :D

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Now? You want to buy when the market is spiking?

Buy low, sell high.

Invest in things that reduce your taxes (e.g., SEP, Roths, etc.), produce income (stocks with dividends) or collector tangibles at the bottom of the market.

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    I buy coins that I like and bars as well. If you want just the silver then look up a thread here about buying second hand silver (i think thats what it was called)

With some coins and bars you will pay a collectors premium over spot.. if you buy just plane rounds and ingots you will still pay above spot but not nearly as much.

Is it the right time? I can't answer. I buy a few ounces here and there when I can afford it. I have taken a very small loss here recently on silver, but as long as I plan on keeping it around I am not worried.

Gold it's a couple hundred cheaper then what it was a couple years ago. I don't see it getting much cheaper and if you are planning on keeping it 20+ years I would say go for it.

CrimsonRayne

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 13, 2012
    yeah, but depending on the acreage, he could have place to hunt, fish, grow food and most importantly, blow stuff up.

I personally invest most of my money in ammo or condoms

Mr.JAG

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Aug 26, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    You want him to invest in things he has to pay taxes and possibly a mortgage on?

If its cash flowing (rental homes, 2-4plex, etc)... then taxes and mortgage mean much less. If he savvy enough, he can build wealth with other peoples money.

There isn't much else out there that allows you to invest with someone else's dollars and even if the monetary value of property goes down - it still has intrinsic value (unlike stocks, cash, etc).

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Get some land that can produce. Some woods where you can hunt, a stocked pond, some clearing where you can grow food and what food eats (you can eat that stuff too). If you have a mortgage and things go all pear shaped, you may be able to default with no implications; if anyone comes around wondering, a 7.62x51 will tell them what they need to know.

Otherwise, get with a financial planner. I know, it costs, but it's generally worth it. If you get a good one, you'll learn more than you will reading on the intertubes. I have some investment savvy, not enough to give too much advice, but I've met a couple that treated me right.

nkdninjafrog

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 10, 2012
    Muncie
    Forget Gold and Silver.

Invest in Lead.

When the economy collapses, you won't be able to eat your Gold and Silver horde. But, with Lead you can eat till you burst. You'll just have to exchange it 62 grns (or 55, 115, 230, 185, etc) at a time for the meal. :D

this right here. if SHTF you'll be much better off that the guy with 1 metric ton of now almost worthless gold in his basement. remember, when it comes to investing, invest in commodities, not luxuries

Ryano23_98

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 3, 2012
    peru / kokomo
    I buy coins that I like and bars as well. If you want just the silver then look up a thread here about buying second hand silver (i think thats what it was called)

With some coins and bars you will pay a collectors premium over spot.. if you buy just plane rounds and ingots you will still pay above spot but not nearly as much.

Is it the right time? I can't answer. I buy a few ounces here and there when I can afford it. I have taken a very small loss here recently on silver, but as long as I plan on keeping it around I am not worried.

Gold it's a couple hundred cheaper then what it was a couple years ago. I don't see it getting much cheaper and if you are planning on keeping it 20+ years I would say go for it.

gold and silver is the way to go
    u can buy it and handle it , buy how much you want and sell how much you want no taxes coin silver (junk silver) is the cheaper way
    goldmart.com or ask around people sell there gold and silver all the time
    cointalk.com

bkflyer

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2011
    Diversify.
    Yes by all means match what your company does into your 401K. If you don't you're throwing away your own money.

Gold and Silver. It's been said in the 1800's a 20$ gold piece would buy a good pistol. Same now. The beauty of gold/silver is always holds it's value. Look at Argentina, Gold is still being used there to get things done. History is a mean teacher but if you don't learn from it..

Lead. (ie bullets) Get some while the getting...well before we can't anymore. I don't think the prices will ever come down but I worry there will be a time when the average joe will not be allowed to buy any. The people that say don't get Gold or Siver, you can't eat it, you can't eat lead either. If their plan is to take what they want with the "lead" they have invested in, well that is another matter all together.

If I could tell you on such and such a day the "bomb" would drop, investing would be differant. I can't. You invest in your 401 hoping the idiots in DC clean up their act. You invest in Gold/Siver thinking they probably won't. You invest in "lead" to protect your behind.

Top Bottom